1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have seriously sensitive skin and use cloth pads out of necessity (sometimes the chemicals in disposables give me welts!) Though, I wouldn't go back to plastic and paper if I could! Cloth is SO much more comfortable! I cannot believe we've been so brainwashed into using plastic on our skin instead of cloth!

I like the pocket and insert variety. DD uses cloth too but likes the one-piece foldables.

Here is a page with lots of links to a variety of different patterns:

Patterns and Guides - Cloth Pads

If you're using these for frugality, you might also consider alternatives to tampons. I like sterilized sea sponges. They are MUCH easier on your lady parts than disposable cotton tampons as they do not cause microabrasions inside of you, they do not completely suck up all your natural moisture, and they actually hold more fluid. One sponge can be re-sterlized easily after use and reused for about 6 months. Disposable tampons give me bad cramps, whereas sea sponges do not.

·
8,714 Posts
~I love my cloth! I just had to buy disposables last night for our vacation and about had a heart attack at the prices. I save well over $100 a year with cloth. :thumb: ~

·
Registered
53 Posts
we have just started using cloth and wanted to say thank you for the patterns! My dd thought they were gross at first, but has gotten used to them and thinks they are better now. Stacy

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is good timing, thanks. I've been using a Keeper for years, but have finally decided I need a few cloth pads as backup since my flow is getting too heavy for the Keeper a few days per cycle (thanks, perimenopause!).

Anyway, I don't sew, but my mom does, so I asked her to make me some pads. Her reaction? "Ick!" But, she's a good mom, so she's still willing to do it. :-D

Kara

1 - 5 of 5 Posts