Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can metal snaps be reused and if so how do you take them apart?

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
Cat, I think that they would be difficult to reuse if they are the type that are set into the fabric with the pressure punch. Can't see how it could happen - please let me know if you find out otherwise - interesting question.

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what they are maui, and that's what I figured. I found 12 of them on a rag at work. We get large boxes of rags and sometimes the buttons are still on the material and I always take them off. The snaps were getting in the way of cleaning so I cut them off and was just wondering if they could be used again. Oh well maybe I'll keep the tops, you never know when you can use them in a craft.

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
I love how you don't waste anything - me too!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Cat, I think that they would be difficult to reuse if they are the type that are set into the fabric with the pressure punch. Can't see how it could happen - please let me know if you find out otherwise - interesting question.
Yep, I agree. Can't recall my mom ever reusing them and let me tell you........if there was a way she would have done it. The lady wasted NOTHING! I got her 'snap installer'........little hammer and all. Don't know if they even sell those kinds now.

Can you cut the fabric that the snaps hold together...the two pieces....and use that for something? 12 snaps.......that must be one long piece of whatever. Is it ugly colors? Would they work for snaps on the side of a duvet cover?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I can salvage the top part. It looked like a womans top and the snaps were 3 on each side at the hips and 3 on each sleeve. They are 4 each color... pretty coral pink, white, and orange. I'm sure I'll find something to do with them someday.
Thanks ladies

Cat

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have taken the snap from the waiste of the jeans and worked another one into the band when the old one broke..not easy but can be done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts