Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone like to join me (virtually) on a retreat day once a month? We could set aside a day or some me time to be working on a project and check in with each other on the computer to encourage, laugh and finish something. And of course post frequent pictures for FF.

I've done this with other groups and my dh even honors that time if I come out of the sewing room he'll say things like are you back already...... hahhaha

It's a great way to make an appointment with yourself to get er done!

If you want to retreat what weekend is usually good for you? Any weekend but the second is good for me.

Happy sewing/quilting/needleing

·
8,714 Posts
~ME!!!!!!!!How about today?:crackup:
It's snowing here and besides taking the kids outside this afternoon I have zero plans.
I've procrastinated for two months finishing the handquilting on a baby quilt for my niece. She's due next week and I'll meet her in 4 weeks. I've got at least 30 hours of quilting to do. :ack:
I just love the idea of a monthly appointment. Fantastic idea!~

·
Registered
99 Posts
This sounds good. Any weekend would work for me, I think. In our old house I would keep my projects handy and work on them daily, but here with our place being so tiny, I have to keep projects put up in cabinets, and my sewing machine out in the studio, so things just don't get worked on as effortlessly as they used to. An appointment/commitment and sharing would do me a lot of good, I think.

Right now I am t r y i n g to work on crocheting a baby afghan. And I have plans to make about 9 quilts this year, so there is plenty I need to be doing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Constance, I could be in, today! LOL! And I have been wanting to ask you - Are you a Harvest Moon player? I love that game! I have three versions, including the last one - H.M.Animal Parade, which I 'need' (ahem!) to be working on.

·
8,714 Posts
Constance, I could be in, today! LOL! And I have been wanting to ask you - Are you a Harvest Moon player? I love that game! I have three versions, including the last one - H.M.Animal Parade, which I 'need' (ahem!) to be working on.
~Oh yeah I loooove HM! I have the Nintendo 64 version, Magical Melody for Gamecube, Tree of Tranquility for Wii, and HM DS Cute. I had Wonderful Life I think it was called but I didn't like the gameplay and characters. That was the one in which you had to befriend your Uncle's pet plant and then he would hybrid seeds for you. I just found it kinda dull.
I'm currently playing the 64 version. :D~

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I love this idea but I can't commit until the day chosen due to the business Some days I am needed in the shop. You always have such awesome ideas vicki!

Reactions: vlmurray

·
19,119 Posts
Vickilynn, I feel as if I have been invited to a really fun party!! Mahalo I would love to do this!! Any weekend is fine for me!! Now to plan what special project(s) to work on!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I love this idea! I can't give the whole weekend, but when we decide to do it, I will make it a priority to spend my free time working on my projects!

Love this idea! :clap:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I'm so glad you want to come to the retreat!

How about next weekend? I won't be able to join the fun till around 11 because I have a Bible study in the morning. But drop in when you can, take a break when you need to, just try to have your chocolates ready, suppers planned, and let's have fun!

Jan 15 -17th FV sewing retreat! Be planning what you are going to work on.

·
19,119 Posts
I especially love the planning part - getting ready and anticipating - so much fun!! I finally found a transfer pencil so I am going to work on the redwork quilting for sure and then on cutting out quilt squares to finish a quilt. So much to prep for!! Mahalo plenty!!

Remember I will be starting my days much later than you all - out here is the middle of the Pacific!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be finishing up my string quilt blocks, and putting together the top! If I'm really on task this may get finished because it's going to be tied. Gotta mark it on the house calendar...... so everyone knows what I'm doing.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My calendar is marked! I will work on mine as much as possible that weekend!

Thanks vicki! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Great idea - marked on my calendar too!!

Is this the first event of this kind for FV?
Regardless - it's brilliant and fun!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm up for it!

I can't have too much food ready or I will be eating all day instead of sewing!!! :laugh:

·
19,119 Posts
Good point FF. Think I'll plan ahead all food for the retreat also - perhaps some special goodies too. Even more like a party with food involved!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Food! :yikes: Food! :yikes: No, no I can't have food. Me too messy when I eat.. crumbs will be over everything! :D

·
19,119 Posts
Plan for non messy food Debbie!! Must have energy to keep on going!! Think of all the wonderful pictures we will have to share!!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts