Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. since frugalmommof3 was so motivated, let's ride it!!!

I desparately need to organize mine, so I'm going to work on this.

Dh moved out of my sewing room(computer), so I don't need to share it with him, the 2 girls are now grounded from the computer for fighting over virtual pets...doh. So I have room to work.

We have wicked weather here, I'll post pics..lol. We were in shorts last week, this week we have over a foot of snow. So driving is terrible. I'm house bound. Need to organize so I can find things. Dh and I are planning to put craft kits together so it'll be nice to be able to find things. PLUS I earned enough to get my cottage license so I have some sewing to do to make that license pay for itself!

The Key to all of THAT is ORGANIZE ORGANIZE ORGANIZE

I know i"m not the only one in need of doing this!!! Let's do it!!!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am glad I motivated you but mine isnt done completely so count me in! Today I will get to decluttering the other part and post some pics of that too! Have fun and remember no need to get EVERYTHING done in one day :)

·
8,714 Posts
~Mine needs to be cleaned up too. I've been pulling things out and piling them for two weeks now. I just can't seem to put things away as I go. I'm in!~

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I need to write out 1 check(my taxes) and then I can put all thepapers away for the year. It's been dominating my brain. Now it's all done, and I can get this room cleaned up!!!

Starting in 5 minutes. posting progress in 2 hours it's morning naptime here so I have some time to go hard.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I will join also. My sewing/exercise room has become a "catch all" for anything that does not have a proper place to belong. I need to find a place to store lots of odds and ends that are cluttering it up and get my sewing machine set up in front of the window so I will have a nice view while I am sewing.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Count me IN!!

I'll take pics. Although I will be embarrased with the before pics... but I'll just take them anyway.

I have piles of projects- 'kits' and buckets of stuff I need to go through.

This time, I'll freecycle what I don't want.
I'm tired of the stuff that accumulates in there.

More to follow! GIve me the weekend.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ughghh.. I haven't gotten started yet!! Dh has had me doing errands, calls, etc.

Still need to reach the insurance company.

BUT... I'm starting today. He's home all weekend, so chances aren't great I get much done, but next week, there are no appointemnts, no calls to be made. Just one trip to the bank. So we should be ok.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah, I so need to do this. I won't be able to start until Sunday though, since today is the 4th and we have people coming over.

I need to move all my "stuff" out of the office but I don't have a place to put it yet. I need a little sewing corner or nook someplace, and there just isn't anything! :(

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, it was a lot of work, but I'm just about done!! I just had to bite the bullet and get rid of a ton of yarn and supplies. My goal was to only keep what fits in the closet. I've done that and am giving away a pile of yarn to Project Linus in my area and Ships Support, who sends things to the troops. I also sent a boat-load to Good Will. I got rid of projects that I didn't finish and that I had no interest in finishing at this point. I'm finishing up projects that have been sitting for years, but I'd like to keep.

I cannot tell you how good it feels to actually have "cleaned house" on all my stuff. It's really cleansing and it feels really good now that I'm just about done. I do have some filing I need to do today, but then I will officially be done.

I get my new computer today and then working in my office should be a lot less stressful since I won't be surrounded by the "stuff," which will help with my other goal of working 3 hours a day during the summer.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go knitnmom! That must feel like a great accomplishment! :clap:

·
8,714 Posts
~Good for you Tami!
I've been working on the cleaning out thing for over a year now and I'm still not done. I have some issues with letting craft stuff go. But the more I let go the better I feel and the more I love my workspace!
You've inspired me. :sun: Think I'll go work in my sewing area for awhile.~

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I had my sewing/craft/guest room finished. I even posted pictures. But the summer of guests, the Christmas craft making,
scrapbooking, wedding favor and wishing well making, has taken its toll. It's time for me to get back in there. This weekend I'll get started AGAIN. There won't be as much to do this time, just declutter and put supplies back where they belong. Why I don't clean up after every project? I'll never know.

·
Registered
495 Posts
~Good for you Tami!
I've been working on the cleaning out thing for over a year now and I'm still not done. I have some issues with letting craft stuff go. But the more I let go the better I feel and the more I love my workspace!
You've inspired me. :sun: Think I'll go work in my sewing area for awhile.~
It usually is tough for me to give stuff up, but I really had to realize it made no sense to keep stuff "just in case" when I don't have the space! Now that I've purged, I am requiring myself to not bring in anything again, unless something is going out or a project is finished. I can get out of control in the blink of an eye if I'm not careful!!

·
19,119 Posts
At least, as you said Dean, it will be easier this time. Haven't been in my sewing room for a while and need to do some sewing before the end of the month. Glad this thread got bumped us - always good to recycle decluttering!!

Tami - congrats for getting it done!!

Reactions: dean

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I just saw this thread. I've been reorganizing my sewing room since we moved it upstairs the end of May. I've got most of the big stuff done...fabric, yarn and patterns...but I've stalled on the little stuff. I'm supposed to be organizing pins, needles and stabilizers.

I'm using several links of the Internet to help me organize things. I just Goggled sewing room organization and came up with a whole batch of neat ideas to try.

I've been chronicling my sewing room organization challenge on my blog...but like I said, I haven't done anything in weeks. I need to get back to it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts