Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a quick and easy smoothie recipe, that is super healthy that I can drink after a workout as a snack between workouts (when I'm starving) and dinner that still needs to be made.

I saw this recipe, and I literally wrinkled my nose at how gross it must taste! But, my curiousity got the best of me and I had to try it out. It was shockingly fantastic! One of the best smoothies I have ever had, and it is really great for me! So I had to share! I calculated the nutritional value on fitday, so I'll add that too!

Green Smoothie:
(I think it is really only green if you use green grapes...I had red on hand, so mine ended up kind of brown)

1 cup of grapes
1/2 cup loose packed spinach
1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
3-4 ice cubes

Toss it all in a blender and whip it up. You do need to whip it up pretty well, or you end up with grape peel chunks, which aren't horrible, but the second time I made it, I whirred it alot longer and it was better without the larger chunks of grape peel!

I also added 2 tsp of benefiber to mine, since I need to add more fiber where I can.

Don't shy away from this because of the spinach (I think that is what piqued my curiousity), it simply tastes like grape, the grape really masks the spinach and I can't taste it at all!

I forgot to add the nutrition content:

Calories: 170
Fat: 0.4 grams
Carbs: 40.2 (high if your watching your carbs becuase of the grapes...but if you're working out, your fine!)
Protein: 4.7 g

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Next time I get grapes, I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing! Glad you are feeling better. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts