Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in your home? I was raised shoes off. We wore slippers inside all the time. We still do shoes off, but I don't enforce it for guests. I let them decide.
I've gone to a home where they gave guests slip on booties (like hospital type) when you entered their home. LOL That's a bit excessive.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i usually wear my shoes, cause i have cold feet a lot!! ;) but when it is hot out.....i like no shoes, and maybe no socks if i'm feeling brave!!:toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I wear my sandals all year roun, that I slip on. I ask my kids to take off their dirty running shoes inside. I don't ask guests to take shoes off, though, it's their choice.:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We don't wear shoes in the house. During winter months, we wear slippers.

If I had my choice, it would be bare feet all year long, but with our weather, it just doesn't happen. I can hardly wait until I can go bare feet outside in the summer.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am normally barefoot inside. I'll slip on sandals or flip flops to go outside. I just got a pedicure yesterday (surprise from dh) and my feet look so nice I don't want to put shoes on. LOL!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Shoes off as much as possible. Just more cozy that way. If guests want to keep shoes on that is okay as long as the shoes are not dirty or muddy. ;)

·
27,948 Posts
Usually barefoot or socks inside. I wear shoes indoors if I mean business for the day,lol.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have very light gray carpet so I usually ask guest to remove their shoes. Most understand, since we have RED CLAY MUD here! We run around in socks all year long indoors

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
We have a dark forest green carpet, but i still go barefoot or slippered most of the time. I don't request guests take off their shoes, unless they are muddy. DS takes his shoes off at the door, but DH will wear em all over the house regardless.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We usually take our shoes off here, and if we visit someone, then we take our shoes off there, too.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Im with Mel, I HATE shoes, unless the ground is hot or has little rocks, then shoes come in uite handy!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Most of the time we are barefoot here, but I don't require guests to take their shoes off

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Slippers are a constant for me. I even take them with me to my Mom's!! :D

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I wear slippers during cold weather and bare feet the rest of the time. I hate shoes too! DH wears shoes or slippers all the time. I have DSs take off their shoes when they are in the house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts