Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm happy to announce that I've paid off almost $4,000 in debt since adopting the DR program in June!!!

I have a situation... my BF has stated that he'd like to move in together (we're planning on getting married when he graduates from grad school) which could save me about $500 monthly and could help me get out of debt quicker. Besides, I spend most of my time at his apartment anyway (it's nicer than mine and closer to my job).

The clincher is... it will cost $1,200 to break my current lease which isn't up for renewal until June.

I'm not sure what to do. My head says that paying to break the lease doesn't make good financial sense, and my heart is ready to live with BF.

What say you?

·
Registered
423 Posts
What say you?
Keeping the unused apt for 10 months will cost about $5000. And paying the cancellation fee will cost $1200. ""paying to break the lease doesn't make good financial sense"" - lol, it makes really good sense to me!
(And if you need storage for the extra furniture, use a mini-warehouse, if I remember, mine cost about $15/m ($150 for the 10 months in question).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping the unused apt for 10 months will cost about $5000. And paying the cancellation fee will cost $1200. ""paying to break the lease doesn't make good financial sense"" - lol, it makes really good sense to me!
(And if you need storage for the extra furniture, use a mini-warehouse, if I remember, mine cost about $15/m ($150 for the 10 months in question).
Well... I had not thought of it THAT way... in actuality, staying in the lease would cost me about $8,000...

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'd find out for sure .. if possible in writing... EXACTLY what it would cost. Don't cancel just assuming. You know what they say about assumptions.
Go talk or call whoever and find out for sure.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I agree with Niko. Get it in writing what it would cost first. I do think that breaking the lease is a good idea. Money saved and your new life started.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts