Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cleared the driveway of snow. What a workout. :toothy: Anyone else hand shovel snow? :D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I do!! I keep telling Mike that we don't need to get a snowblower, its good exercise to shovel---he doesn't agree!! He just wants a new toy :toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The end of the driveway was a killer. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it all. lol We got a ton of snow yesterday and parts were so heavy. The neighbor across the street was snowblowing. It took me the same amount of time to hand shovel as it took him to snowblow. :D

Of course, he probably won't wake up tomorrow saying his back hurts. rofl

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I bet that is a great workout!

Did you build a snowman in all that snow?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We shovel by hand here, too. We could have a tempo or snowblower but I don't want one. First of all, I don't like the view of a home with a tempo...and with our home, we wouldn't even have a view outside.

Plus we have 4 boys--3 old enough to shovel. :D I think it's good exercise for them--they spend too much time inside watching tv, playing xbox or on the computor--oops! Me too--well on the computor. I shovel sometimes. I do it less....since I gained so much weight, it's tough on me...I can only do it so a little at a time.

When I was very slim, though, I used to shovel all the time to keep me in shape and it was so much easier on me....that was 5 years ago...sigh...

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Hand shoveling here, too. Although, I let Rob do it today. I stayed in and watched the kids. Then, he took Julia outside to play in the snow. She had a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts