Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this would be a nice place for people to post pictures of their hard work, blood and sweat to get their pumpkins ready for tomorrow night.

Here's mine!

It was my first serious attempt. I used a kit that I bought last year and saved that had a shaver in it, a scooper, two knives and a marker to draw the image onto the face before cutting it out. It's pretty neat. :D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I love it! I can't wait to see everyone's creations! We skipped pumpkins this year, no one in the house gets excited about them but me. The boys are interested for about 2 minutes, then when they find out that I won't actually let them cut it yet, then they lose interest.

My neighbor did an awesome one last year. I was a huge pumpkin and had the Northern Illinois University Huskie Head Logo shaved into it. It was really neat! Even he didn't do one this year! Actually, come to think of it, I don't think anyone on our block has carved pumpkins this year. At least I haven't seen any yet!

·
Registered
787 Posts
We didn't do them this year.

See my "Halloween Display" post. LOL

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Um, well mine are still sitting on the porch. I'll let the kids do them when they get home from school, but let's just say their 'traditionalists' in the jack-o-lantern realm. Triangles and a mouth.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I posted this on the other forum (oops!) but here it is:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
those are all great. we didn't do them this year...tooooo busy

·
Registered
198 Posts
I didn't feel up to carving this year and since my youngun is 17 he doesn't care. I really love finding cool patterns and carving though it wasn't to be this year. There aren't as many displays around here either. I figure most people are watching the pennies.

YankeeMom I did a spider web one year too. That and the one I did of a wolf howling at the moon are my 2 favs.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow YankeeMom, those are fantastic!

My kids are pretty much the same way. My five year old wants me to do something fancy but then when he notices I don't let him cut anything yet, he just walks away. I did ask him to help me pick up the pumpkin seeds and put them in the collander to rinse them off for later, and he was pretty thrilled with that.

I wanted to do two pumpkins this year but that'll have to wait for next time. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts