Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGH - my constant cough has blossomed into a cold :(

I now feel like crap. Yesterday I only got one bag of clothes ready to go to charity and I ripped off my closest doors (Im going to hang a curtain instead - will post pics when completed). After all that I pretty much zonked out on the couch all afternoon/evening and took things easy. My ribs hurt from hacking my lungs out.

Today I am going to:

(1) take it easy & relax
(2) get codeine cough syrup rx filled & buy more cough candies
(3) mail in my rebates from cough syrup ($1 off next purchase or $3 back if you buy two bottles - I have bought 6 since being sick)
(4) attempt to go through more clothes
(5) go out shopping with my dad - I have no energy
(6) air out this place again and re-lysol before I heaed out

What y'all going to to do today?

Tracey - howd your closet purge go yesterday?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Hope you feel better soon Shorty!!

This morning I did a bit of knitting. Then the entire family cleaned house :) All but the kitchen & my bedroom has been scrubbed to within an inch of its life :toothy: I'll do the kitchen while I make dinner tonight. My bedroom...eh. I'm not ready for that yet.

I organized my knitting corner. Put away a buttload of yarn that I have no plans for yet, only displaying the stuff I have projects laid out for. Organized my needles, books, magazines, patterns. Put a huge stack of Family Fun, Ranger Rick, and other odds & ends magazines on Freecycle.

Cleaned off and around my desk (!!!!) I can see the floor AND the surface of my desk now :D :D

Next up is watching Nascar and knitting some more. I am on a mission to finish this second (and last, ever!) baby blanket so I can start on a pair of socks for my mom.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
I had a wonderful morning. The people who are adopting the cats I was temporarily for a friend (long story) came to pick them up. I love cats, but two cats is too much cat for my little apartment. They will have a happier life with the people who have taken them in.

Lunch with the friend whose cats they were, then to work.

Then I'm off the next three days. Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I hope you are feeling a bit better.

As for me today, I dont have much to do beside the normal, make bed, put recycles in the bin, take out the trash, reheat dinner, etc...

I still have to go through my closet but I am doing the slowly, lol :)

Hope everyone is staying warm this wonderful Sunday!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sit and rest Shorty! Had a nice family dinner today and it has been beautiful out!It's about time- no snow and ice wanted here!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I hope you feel better soon Shorty :hug2:. Today I made the bed, put away the clean clothes that I washed yesterday. I'm making dinner, tuna noodle casserole. After dinner I need to clean the litter box and water the house plants. Then I am going to curl up with a hot cup of tea and knit some more this evening. I am finishing my second scarf today :). It's been raining and snowing here!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
First, Shorty, LOVE the sig!!! :D

:smooch: and I had a wonderful day! We got up and had a quick breakfast. Then we got an email from his mother who FINALLY got a house!!! She's been house-hunting since sometime last year, and finally found the right house for her needs. :)

:smooch: and I hit up the grocery stores and got all our needs (will post what in the Grocery Challenge thread), then came home and had a wonderful lunch -- grilled halibut with sauted red peppers, onions and celery in a very nice curry sauce.

After lunch, we went out to a park here in the city and wandered around that for a good hour or two, discussing our future, our plans, our dreams and our ambitions.

When we got home, we did up the lunch dishes and :smooch: baked chocolate chip cookies!!! :D Yup, all by himself, and they are quite delicious, I might say!

Supper was shell pasta with some of :smooch:'s homemade tomato sauce and his cookies for dessert!

This evening we'll be relaxing, I'll do a bit of FLYing, and we'll play some video games and enjoy our company. :)

We may also get another kitty! :D I found <a href="http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-Free-To-Good-Home-W0QQAdIdZ12257584">this picture</a> of a beautiful little girl who needs a home, and :smooch: agreed to go look at her and see what she's like. :)

So that's all for today! :)

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Naderbug -- what a beautiful orange tabby! I'm a sucker for tabbies. I'll probably miss the "temp" cats, Colin and Daisy, that I moved on to a wonderful new home this morning. Daisy especially was a sweetheart. This kitty looks like she will be too.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I hope you feel better, soon! We had a family reunion on my Mom's side of the family. We have it every year on the Sunday closest to my Great Grandfather's birthday. He isn't with us anymore, but we still get together. My Great Grandfather had 11 kids and he had a son that had 11 kids and all the rest of his kids had kids and so on and so on. There is always at least 100 people there. It is very interesting.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey Shorty,
I didn't get much done today at all as my DD is ill too. Sorry you have been feeling so poorly. My DD woke up with an ear ache at 5:30 this morning and I just had her to the doc yesterday. Hope you are feeling better soon. All I did today was dishes, cook meals and visit a neighbor or two.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hope you feel better soon Shorty. As for me today was Church and then an afternoon or Nascar with my dh. Then back to church for bible study tonite. I love sundays will all my heart...Blessing for a better week for you this week..Kathy

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
hope u feel better shorty. I dont have the cough I have the head cold.
Keep warm and away from drafts so u dont get pneumonia. I got it last year. terrible time went on for weeks.
I had having sinus problems too lol
hope your coughs go away soon. hhuuggssss

1 - 13 of 13 Posts