Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is, Saturday morning, about 22 degrees outside, the wind is still blowing, but not as bad as yesterday. Nasty weather yesterday to say the least. Well, I take my little dog outside to do her thing and I hear a Red Winged Blackbird, singing his song. One lonely little guy, out by the pond across the road, but there he sits in the tree singing. If he is there, then there are more on the way....:fdance:

That is the first sign around these parts. Next will come the spring peepers. I look for them to start peeping in the next couple of weeks, of course it will have to warm up considerably first, but still, they should start peeping around that time. I also hope to start hearing and or seeing the sand hill cranes flying over head, migrating back up north.

What are the things you look for at this time of year to let you know spring is on it's way?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
How beautiful, I sure hope spring comes early this year, I love Spring :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm looking forward to being able to see the grass again. I tell you, we have so much snow out there from Thursday's blizzard it's not even funny. Come on, spring!!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Daffodils, which have been blooming this week. And there's one particular empty lot in town which I drive by all the time, which has zillions of yellow wildflowers in early spring. People stop and take pictures of their kids in those flowers all the time. They tilled and bulldozed the soil last year so they won't grow now :( but there's an undisturbed part in back where I can still see them.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
We have had a strange weather week..with snow, rain and hail all mixed up in the same day. It seems to do this every year in later feb.
Yesterday a Canadian Goose landed on my patio railing and began honking his horn (wow he was loud and scarred the cats)....a sure sign of spring around here.

·
Registered
663 Posts
in Phoenix

The trees and bushes that survived our weeks of frost are turning that lovely light green as they get their first buds. I am so excited even though I know viscous heat is just around the corner. I'm transplanting vines on my patio this weekend to replace the ones that didn't survive the cold this winter. WOO HOO SPRING HAS SPRUNG HERE!!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My daffodils are blooming. Their cheery yellow faces really brighten my day. I'm sooooo ready for spring!!

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
As we sat on the swing in the side this am with our morning coffee we watched a group of cardinals chase andflirt with each other. Their song was beautiful as was their color. Those bright spots of red are so lively in the bare branches. Then you notice the slight greening here and there in the crape myrtle trees and you know soon. Our weather is still see sawing thought we had 80 one day and 65 today. Sunny yesterday and overcast today. But its coming I know because the weeds have started in the raise beds and as I bend to pull them I see the little sprouts of caldiums.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have Easter lily's growing in my flower bed! I rescued them from church last year. They were all dead, but I figured they were bulbs so they should come back, right? Apparently they do! lol I just cut off the dead tops and planted the bulb in the ground last spring. 5 of them and they all poked up out of the ground about a week ago and are growing just fine. I definately will have to get more this year. My church always has hundreds of them and they just throw them away after Easter!

·
Registered
419 Posts
:chill:
today is was around 50 degrees here in MA. It felt like spring. But it is going to get cold again later in the week. I cannot wait until spring this year. Although we didnt get much snow, it feels as if winter is forever. Maybe I will go out in the yard and cut some forsythia to force. I sure hope spring comes soon.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I can't wait for more signs of spring. The sun came out a little today, it's still quite cold here. I heard some birds chirping this morning and yesterday morning. I hope this is a sign of spring coming, once more of the snow melts I'll be able to see if any spring flowers are coming up. I am daydreaming about warm breezes and spring flowers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I heard the birds singing yesterday morning also. I thought I was hearing things so I listened a little closer and, sure enough, they were singing!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I saw the first pair of robins yesterday. I'm also getting the urge to deep clean. Spring can't be far away!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts