Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what stage of life your kids are in, do you find yourself looking for signs they they are maturing, growing up? Do some of the signs take you by surprise?

My son is in his 30s, and the other day I noticed some white in his beard. Such a shocker.... This is my little boy.... Then I came home and looked in the mirror.... another shocker.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
My eldest passed his driving test last week and that made me feel so proud ,old and sad all rolled into one. I was shocked to feel this way, proud because he worked so hard to pass the test,old because he was all grown up and sad because he is starting to move on to a new phase of his life were he will need me less and ive enjoyed all the years of bringing him up!!:hmmm:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Ds-got his license. Went on a go-see upNorth and drove the 1700 miles. He will be a legal adult in 6 days. He has a plan=graduates in June,CC for a year,transfer to up north coll.,work for a car in the meantime as soon as he finds a job. I was talking to him the other day and noticed how badly he needed a shave.lol

DD-is coordinating her trade school,working at the salon and teaching classes at Joannes. She had a party for 9 eight year olds and did well. She is taking care of meds,appts., animal care and finding cheap ways to do things. $5. hair cuts and Rite aid discounts. We were discussing health ins. yesterday.

I am becoming more and more obsolete-happily. DD has grey hairs at 20.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
as a child, it was weird to move out then move back

·
Registered
223 Posts
My little one is only 13 months, so lots of growing up going on. Its amazing just watching the little things he learns day to day. I must admit, though, that I was shocked to discover that he learned to unlatch the baby locks on the kitchen cabinets! I'm not sure how he has the strength in his little baby hand to push both sides of the lever with one hand, while pulling it out with the other, but he does it...making one more thing for me to worry about, lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
yes...just yesterday...

took my daughter to the school fall frolic and she looked at me and said do you think you could leave and come back later...umm.....I was like okay I will go outside and make a few phone calls and come back in...which i did...but this is just one of the many things she has done lately....she no longer wants us to call her using her nickname, she clearly tells us that her name is megan. This is so sad, extremely sad because I know she needs her independence however i am not willing or able to let her go...she is only 9 and she is the baby and the only girl so dh is having a hard time of it also...and my oldest is 21 but since i have two at home my 21 year old growing up hasn't been as hard on me as the younger 2. :dis:

·
Registered
262 Posts
My oldest is now in her third year of college. Whenever she comes home to visit I have to be very careful not to go back into "mom mode" and start telling her what to do. She has proven that she is a resonsible adult, but it is taking me a bit longer to get caught up with that.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
This is a physical change, along the lines of the gray in your sons beard.

I was helping dd with her homework the other day and as she typed, I looked at her fingers, they were these grown up fingers with long finger nails. Where did the baby hands go? She'll be 10 in February and I see her grow more and more each day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.