·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple MonkeyBread

Recipe Description
MonkeyBread made from Grand's Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls.​
Preparation Steps:
Open rolls and cut each roll into quarters. Each can of rolls comes with icing. Pour icing in microwavable bowl and set aside. Melt the butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to the butter, stir and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
45 Minutes​
Ingredients:
-2 cans Grand's Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

-1 tablespoon butter

-2 tablespoons brown sugar

-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Optional:
-raisins, cranberries, or any dried fruit you like
-chocolate chips
-nuts
-granola clusters​
Serves:
Directions:
Place rolls in greased baking dish or cake pan. Drizzle butter/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over rolls. Place in over on center rack and bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven). When you take it out of the oven check to make sure it isn't doughy. Heat icing up in microwave, only about 10 seconds and drizzle it overtop. Let sit til it cools a bit and serve warm.

Additional info: I used a 9 inch round nonstick pie pan for mine. I cook mine about 40 minutes and check with a fork. I pull one top piece up to see if it's still doughy. I think you could also omit the butter/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture too if it comes out too sweet but I havent yet tried to omit it. You can also make this with one can just cutting all the other ingredients in half.

Normally I would try to make this from scratch but I had two cans leftover from I don't know how long ago and they were about to go bad. Instead of making a whole bunch of rolls I figured I'd make this instead.​

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Sounds delish!!!...and very high in calories! YUM! (Everybody's "food posts" are making me hungry!)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that calories could be a make or break it for some people. Personally I don't watch ALL my calories but I'm sure if you just took a small serving size at a time then it wouldn't be so bad. We usually make brownies, a cake, some kinda sweet bread, rolls or whatever and it takes us 2 weeks to eat it. So I guess we aren't really packing all the calories in at one time. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts