Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Frugal Village!
All showered, dressed and sipping coffee. So nice that hubby likes getting up before me. The fires going and coffee is already made. I just have to pop out of bed, shuffle to the living room give Riley a belly rub, hubby a kiss, mumble good morning, grab a cup of coffee and get my day going. Riley gets attention first because his tail is thumping madly at the sight of me lol.

Looks like a nice day here, cloudy but it's pretty with all the leaves various colors. Nice moon last night and posted a couple pics in the Moon thread. Not much housework that needs doing, I refuse to use the dryer (hate how much it adds to electric bill) so am waiting for a day when there is no chance of rain, hope that day comes soon. Worst case scenario I'll put folding drying racks on the balcony and dry my clothes there. Nice that when we helped inlaws moved they had no use for 2 drying racks, gave them to me so now I have 3 to help dry our clothes.

We'll be staying home and puttering around, finished that first book in the trilogy I mentioned the other day and have started the 2nd.
Dinner is from the freezer and pantry and still undecided, something with beef though.

Hope you all have a Simply wonderful Sunday.:flowers:

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning!
Darlene, that sounds marvelous waking up to a fire going and the coffee made! With DH in another town working during the week and then this weekend hunting, it's up to me to get the fire going as well as my coffee! I guess it wakes me up quicker, lol!

Today will be a free for all. I didn't plan anything, other than to carve pumpkins with the kids. I will probably tidy up the house, as it always gets a little messy with the kids home for 4 days. If I can pull it together I may take them in this afternoon for a swim at the local hot springs. They would really enjoy it, and I probably would, too!

If I can get my thoughts organized, I may do some baking today, too! The kids have been begging for cupcakes, so we'll see what I can come up with!

-Vanessa

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Good morning!

I've got some laundry going and will run out to do the grocery shopping in a bit.

My Dad is coming over for a hair cut later this morning and then both of my parents and my father--in-law will be coming over for dinner to celebrate dh's birthday. :)

I have some papers to grade, but we'll see if I get to that. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't have a lot going on today. I need to walk up to the grocery store this morning to get some items to make chili for today and then will head up to a yoga class at noon. Other than that, I got most of the laundry done yesterday, so I may try to clean the bathroom this afternoon. That is about it!

:grwave:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
had a fab day here! in the low 70's and SUNNY!!! yeah....

made split pea soup. put away laundry. went to target for a few things. was so darn nice outside, did a crossword onthe deck in the sunshine...fabulous way to spend a fall sunday!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Really lazy day today. Ate breakfast, got the paper, took walk, got cat food. Came home and took a nap. Then got up and made macaroni and cheese. Used rice noodles and could not taste the difference. Washed dishes, filled out forms, made grocery list and now sitting with cat on lap. Will see what is on tv tonight. Hopefully something good.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Had a busy day and family oriented. Sis stayed over last night so this am we had breakky as a family, went to walk through the farmers market and then to an organic grocery store for a few things. Came back with take out lunch - burritos - then sis and I sat down to serious # crunching to see if a vacation is truly possible. She made potato & leek soup while we did this. Time to lay low now and watch some tv and get ready for bed...still feeling under the weather.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Lazy day. Other than doing six or seven loads of laundry, couple of loads of dishes, cooked dinner and made a cake - we all just bummed around the house.

Took a long afternoon nap, watched Ghost Adventurers, played a few video games...Spent the day relaxing. We all needed a stress free, relaxing day.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Cold and rainy here today with a few snowflakes. :yikes: helped DH in the shop doing a tune-up on a pick-up then headed to the house and put a big pot of homemade chicken and rice soup on. Then I spent the afternoon working on an afghan and some Christmas gifts while hubby napped.

Just got off the phone with DS who is away at school (I sooooo miss him!) and now will relax in front of the tube. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It was partly sunny and warm here. Biked this morning, went to church, then stopped by Subway with our daughter and family. Headed out with DH and Son- in- Law to play golf. Had supper then took the rowboat out on the pond.Watched some scary movies. Just a great Sunday all around.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Goofed off most of the day. Since my wife is on the Atkins diet and I like to test her will power, I made a double batch of peanut butter cookies.

Aww really?! Shame on you! You were so busy being mean you posted this on the wrong day. Looks good though, meanie. Can I have one? ;):bolt:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.