Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Sunday!
I did a lot of housework yesterday so today I just need to do some quick cleans today. The livingroom especially got a good cleaning, even the cobwebs up in the tippy top windows where it's open 2 stories high. Looks good and the spiders were all running screaming, did ya hear 'em?

Hubby will be off to visit our son and help him with making his first batch of homebrew. Jack used to make his own beer when we first met so is well versed in what to do & is loooking forward to helping him. Beer making became popular and prices for ingredients became too high for him so he stopped brewing. Having Jack gone means I'm the boss of me all day and can do whatever I want which means probably what I normally do,lol.

Tomorrow is my surgery (11:15) on that toe finally. Hope it corrects the problem and isn't too painful. Hate the unknown. Dr. says it's an easy surgery & not to worry but it's my toe, lol and I'm the one whose going to feel whatever afterwards. Pain pills should help make me not care.:loop:

No oil used for heating yet, the fireplace with it's insert and wood have done the trick so far. Kinda fun to see how long we can last without the oil, saving money sure can be fun. Nice too knowing that all that hard work we put into getting our own wood to use really pays off.

Nice fire going now and I'm off to make some breakfast & stroll the Village. Hope you all have a house & heart warming kind of day.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good morning, Darlene and everyone!

I'm just waking up and getting ready for the day. My goal is to finish my reading for school until church starts @ 11 a.m. Then I'll come home, do some cleaning/cooking and more homework before bedtime.

I used to go to Panera to do my studying on Sundays because it was less interruptions; however, it is SO expensive! I used to spend anywhere from $1.75 to $5.30 per visit. So, I'm going to do my homework here and have all the food and drink at my disposal. :coffee3: Hopefully there won't be too many interruptions!

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast and grab that book! Have a great day all!!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
good morning!

i have several orders to work on today for my etsy shop, and some to package up for post office drop off on monday morning. i believe the rest of the afternoon will be spent relaxing, watching some football (read: on my laptop working), and hopefully a little nap. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Sick, sick, sick today. I didn't sleep last night due to a fully stuffed nose and complete body aches. So, I don't plan on doing much of anything today. :(

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Darlene - good luck on your surgery tomorrow!

Amy - I hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning!
At least, it's working it's way up to good. I am starting to get the cold that my family has suffered with all week. My company is leaving today, which will be both a bummer and a joy. I'll miss them, but then I can get back to my normal routine.

So, today is probably cleaning up a bit from the company, doing the laundry I have neglected since Wednesday (ack!), and getting wood in the mountains with hubby before he leaves again for the week. I also need to make a turkey decoration with youngest dd for her show and tell this week. Tissue paper and glue, here we come!

I'm gonna try and watch some football today, too. At least I think the Vikings are playing today.

Have an awesome day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sick, sick, sick today. I didn't sleep last night due to a fully stuffed nose and complete body aches. So, I don't plan on doing much of anything today. :(
Yeah i have it to! Been in Bed since Friday. Coughing up a lunch this morning. Hope you get to feeling better.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Oh, and hey...Darlene...good luck tomorrow!!!

·
19,119 Posts
Darlene - sending prayers, hugs and aloha to you and your doctor to guide his hands during surgery. Please let us know how it goes - while it will be wonderfufl to have the problem fixed, you still have to go through recovery!!

Vikings are playing as I'm posting - losing, but not by much and it's still early!!

Today I have labelled paperwork day - paying bills, writing Christmas cards, organizing piles of paper etc.

This afternoon I'm going to the pool for an hour or two - have fallen off my water exercise routine - and I feel the difference!!

Cooking a turkey this afternoon too!!

Have a great Sunday everyone - and hope that all those colds and germs go away!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is sunny out, but the wind is cold. Went to church, came home for lunch. I have a bit of a headache, I think I am dehydrated. Does anyone else have to push fluids and be reminded to drink? I need to work on that. I am going to putter clean and watch TV. Lazy afternoon. Hope you have a good one!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I must be the luckiest girl in the world.......DH knows how much I've been wanting a Sanders hot fudge cream puff w/ice cream lately, so he's in the kitchen making cream puffs and homemade hot fudge sauce (bought some ice cream yesterday)! What a sweetheart!!! We had looked at just the Sanders hot fudge at the grocery store the other night and it was $10.49 for a large jar! He's getting $40-50 worth of hot fudge or more for about $10 in ingredients by making it himself! I'm sitting here drooling and cannot wait until it's time to eat....

Darlene, good luck with the surgery tomorrow....I'll be sending healing thoughts!

Amy, hope you feel better soon, too.

To everyone else, have a great afternoon/evening....

Andrea

·
19,119 Posts
Andrea - you are the luckiest!! enjoy your treat and your wonderful husband!!

Annymol - think it's harder to keep up with fluids when the weather is cooler - I know that I have to ush myself too. Take care.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Donated some stuff via freecycle today and got a free tv for the girls and PS2 games for the boys. That was pretty cool. Just watching tv and relaxing since I already took care of my homework assignment.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Darlene good luck with the operation and hope everyone that has a cold is felling better real soon.I went to church came home went Walmart and to a flea market then home and church again so that my day i enjoyed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts