Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! My beloved left this morning for a 2 week course in Ohio, so I'm already a little sad! :( As some of you may know from my previous posts, dh was transferred to a different position 3 1/2 hours away in another city. The family opted to stay behind given the housing market is downright frightening, and we purchased our home during the building boom here back in 2006. So he lives there Monday thru Friday and then comes home on the weekends. However, we'll miss him next weekend! That gets to be a long stretch for all of us. But we soldier on! Looking on the bright side of things, my schedule will be back to normal and I get the remote back in the bedroom! lol

Today is finishing up the Christmas decorations. We got the tree up and decorated, which is so wonderful to look at! I need to go down and dig in the rest of my stuff and see what we missed!

This is also the last day of Thanksgiving break for all of us, and I am planning on working all 5 days this next week to make up for missing so much last week. But we'll see, this week is also jam packed with activities.

I also need to menu plan for the week today, and try to figure out what I have purchased over the course of the last few days for Christmas presents. I seem to find tons of things for a select few and struggle with the others. Time to get focused!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Today DS and DIL left to go back to Buffalo. Sad to see them go but thankful for such a nice long visit. Plans for today are probably more than I can reasonably expect to complete as I am still suffering from a horrible cold and sinus issue. Anyway, I need to:

Run sweeper
Make beds
General clean up and tidy up
Several loads of laundry
Freeze leftovers - half the lasagne, half the ham
Crockpot - make ham and cabbage for later in the week
Crockpot - rice, cheese and brocolli soup using some of the leftover casserole for it
Return a DVD to redbox and pick up paper and a few gift cards
Tonight - watch a DVD and get DH to return it as well! LOL

Plan out the week to be sure I work overtime plus start a few holiday chores like writing the cards, decorating, wrapping and putting up the tree!

Honestly, with this horrible cold I doubt I will get even half of this done but at least I have a list to work on right?

·
19,119 Posts
Today DH and I are getting used to being home and recharging for the week. A slow, peaceful day is in our plans for sure.

Thankfully I did all our laundry before we left DMIL's home yesterday!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.