Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'll be doing a little housework, buying groceries, and getting ready for the work week. I've already made my menu plan, cleaned out the fridge, and started loading the dishwasher. What will you be doing today?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I think we're doing our lazy tv day routine though DH had mentioned heading out to put air in my tires, fix my flat and buy some sort of electronics :laugh: We'll see.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like lazy days, too, Libby!

I put gas in the car, got groceries and am about to make a couple of batches of muffins to freeze. Planning on an apple cinnamon batch w/ walnuts and probably some blueberry, too. Might also thaw some chicken to trim and cook up to have ready for recipes later in the week.

Menu plan:

French dip sandwiches (slow cooker)
Chicken enchilada casserole
Taco soup (slow cooker)
Cajun chicken and pasta

With it just being the 2 of us, these leftovers should take us well into the weekend.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Just as I suspected, DH changed his tune from last night :lol: Lazy day it is :) Im ok with it, just puttering around the house getting tiny things done is still a victory for me.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got half the muffins cooling and half already in the freezer. Diced up a red bell pepper for the pasta and froze it, since I only need half of one for the recipe and red bell peppers are too expensive to waste. Chicken's thawing, and I'll cook half of it with cumin, garlic, and chili powder, and the other half with just garlic. Will freeze that, too.

Hmm, what else can I get into around here? LOL

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a very good day so far! Quite productive and I am about to settle in for dinner.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've just returned to this forum after quite some time off of it...

Today was definately simple. I've been sick for a week with some kind of bug, so didn't go to Mass this morning, and spent most of my day in the recliner, watching my bird garden through the window and making notes in my nature journal.

I did manage to wash dishes, make the 2nd pass on watering chickens and collecting eggs, made a yummy pasta salad, got a few Christmas cards ready for tomorrow morning's mail....and that was about it!

·
Registered
382 Posts
We went to dh's family's Christmas celebration. It was cool because the only people that get gifts in that family are kids. There was only one kid we had to buy for and I wanted to get them a gift card. Well dh's work gives them gift cards when they do something good and dh had earned one. So, we put that one in a gift card holder, I made VERY simple things to take. (It took me 15 min. to prepare) and overall it was a simple and enjoyable day. We are also getting ready to set up and decorate our tree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts