Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, friends!!!

It's been a quiet morning so far which is probably the only "simple" part of my day...LOL. Later on I need to clean, wash clothes, and do some last minute Christmas shopping. I only have 2 things left to buy and have some awesome coupons ($15 off of $15 and $5 off of $15).

Well, I'd better get to cleaning.....I'd like to be done by Noon!

Have a great day, all!!!!!

Andrea

·
Registered
472 Posts
Today I'm baking homemade sandwich buns and 2 dozen cinnomon buns for people at work...Gives me some much needed extra cash..:D Hoping to have time to make some cookies wtih DS...

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Good day everyone :) My list of hopeful's for today are:
* laundry - all 6 loads :(
* bake cookies
* take DF to scope out a new wheelchair (new for him since we've been using one thats 20 yrs old - the new one will be lighter too!)
* wait for Sally Ann to come by to pick up old furniture otherwise it goes to curb
* possibly dinner with a friend for the holidays
* hopefully purge/declutter more

·
19,119 Posts
A day at home -----perhaps ------- anyway that's the plan!!

We are finishing decorating for Christmas - I thought we were finished, but DD is opening other boxes and pulling things out as we speak!!

I'm working on our Christmas cards - letter is finished and printed, I am addressing envelopes and writing personal notes - taking family picture later - so these should be good to go by Tomorrow!!

Need to do the finish work on a ton of dishcloths and scrubbies - that I'll do tonight while we are watching some Christmas movies.

Laundry is waiting to be done - really should get to it soon!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
working...then home to do laundry...YUCK!!!:skept:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I've been doing just enough laundry to get through the short week at work. :) Lazy, yes? Do I care? Not today!

I have a roast in the crockpot and will make biscuits and green beans to go with it later.

I've been helping DD study for a test on Tuesday and checked over her math packet. The boys are in the basement watching the Giants play.

·
27,948 Posts
Just had our Christmas here today, lol. We had the family over for lunch and exchanged gifts and had a really nice time. Dishwashers working & house is all put back together.

I received some nice gifts,a gift card to the shoe store, whopper candy :D, scarf, slipper socks, a cute little hedge hog made out of natural materials, a poinsettia & a digital kitchen scale.
Hubby is in seventh heaven as he got all his fav things, coffee beans, mixed nuts, gingersnaps and the "OMG I can't believe it" ds found a gift pack months ago of all the 3 big Jack Daniels Whiskeys in a nice case. Gentlemen Jack, Old #7 and Single Barrel. It's like the holy grail, lol. Mark had him open it last night & Jack was nice enough to share so we sat in the dark in front of the fire with the tree twinkling, sipping great whisky, listening to Christmas music & talking. Very nice indeed.
Feels weird to have our celebration done when most of the rest of the world hasn't started yet. Now I get to watch you all get ready to enjoy your Christmas's with those you love. :D

My favorite part of the season is just being with those I love, it's often bittersweet as we all age and see changes in especially our older family members. I'm so missing "Mom" (my MIL)with ALZ, still here with us but so much of her isn't here anymore. We had her smiling alot today and that made my Christmas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.