Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls. Hope you are all recovering from yesterday. DH is at the Browns/Ravens game so I have the day to myself:dancing: so I'm watching the game and cleaning during commercials. All dishes are done and the fridge has been cleaned out. Now I'm working on putting all the holiday clutter like gift bags, several baffies of cookies, store bags. away. After that I think I'll run the sweeper, take out the trash, and sweep the kitchen floor. I'll be working tomorrow doing inventory. It will only be 4 days but better than unemployment for the week. Hope everyone has a relaxing warm day.

Cat

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello Cat and everyone!

Just taking a short break.....have been organizing some Christmas things my dad gave me.....bags, tissue paper, bows, cards, etc. There are 4 boxes and one big garbage bag FULL of these things! LOL He doesn't use them any more since my mom passed away 3 years ago, so it was taking up an entire shelf in his bathroom closet.

This morning I went to Penney's and Kohl's to pay on a bill and while I was at Kohl's I bought this beautiful sconce set for less than $10! It will look SO pretty in the living room.

We are having a New Years' Eve party at the house this year....no more than 3 couples are coming, but we want the house to look good. I have been just doing the basics lately, especially during school, so things have gotten cluttered, a bit out of control, and the house needs some deeper cleaning. Of course, DH will help, but there is SO much to do. I might have to hire his niece to help me some....hopefully she has time.....she works, goes to night school AND has 2 little kids! EEK!

I probably won't do much else besides organize the Christmas stuff today.....I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing day!!!

Andrea

·
27,948 Posts
Strudels:0
Mouse :1 Woot! he was a big one! Mwahaha

We have been keeping busy putting Christmas decoations away and taking down the tree. Just as I knew it would be, the place needed a big vac afterwards. Hubby also spent some time getting things set up for the snow we are going to get. Vehicles put away,snow blower & plow at the ready, extra gas for the generator...We also insulated the front door. We bought some foam strip stuff but it was too thick, all set now.
Dinner will be tacos made with beef bought on sale.
Have a good one all. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We are laying around and relaxing. Enjoying the remnants of our delicious prime rib Christmas feast.Watching TV, playing games and sledding. Mass tonight- otherwise a very peaceful day spent with family! Hope you are having a good one!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Had an easy day here: unloaded the dishwasher (the one gift to myself :lol: I only use it after Christmas dinner), did breakky at home and went to my sisters for lunch and visit with her family.

DF wanted to pop into Best Buy to check out something but it wasn't on sale b/c of Boxing Day - but he still bought it b/c he really wanted it. :)

Now we're both chillaxin' at home - me on the netbook in front of the tv...him puttering on his netbook hobbling between the bedroom and lv rm. Plus I helped him do his rehab exercises. :)

Easy quiet Sunday.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Watched the Chiefs game, took down xmas decor and tree and packed it away, went grocery shopping with dh to Aldi, cooked dinner, purged a few things, laundry and relaxing. :)

·
19,119 Posts
It was a traveling day for me - from Kauai to Honolulu then home to Maui. Stopped by the B&N to learn how to register the Nook my DSILs gave me and am now getting ready for bed. It feels good to be home for a few days at least!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts