Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was I the only one who slept in again?!? I am so loving that!!
Brrrr, it's cold outside. It's about 5 degrees outside without the wind chill, and I need to find motivation to go downstairs to wrestle with the woodstove. The floors are just so cold, they go right thru my slippers! I'm a whiner, aren't I? lol

Today I need to mop my floors. It's getting serious! I also need to tackle my large paper pile that has taken over my kitchen counter. I hate throwing away the kids' stuff, but I have to tell myself that's what hoarders say to justify keeping it, too. See, television watching CAN be motivitating. Thanks, TLC! :)

Well, it's off to the basement I go. That fire isn't going to start itself!! Have a wonderful day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Went for a walk and purchased a newspaper. Now I need to make a grocery list and get some serious dusting and vacuuming done today. Also need to mop the floors and throw some dry cleaning in the dryer.

Take a lazy day would be more fun but with the holidays I need to get things done around here.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nessa, hope you got that fire started and your feet warmed up! You need some heatable slippers!

I am at Panera attempting to do my homework....I couldnt' sleep last night and didn't get much sleep at all (maybe 5 hours), so it seems like a monumental task at the moment.

After I leave here, I will do some grocery shopping and then go play with my new breadmaker. I am making a garlic/herb bread that should be YUMMY for sandwiches or just toasting with a bit of whipped butter.

IF I have any energy after that, I want to clean the bathroom and vacuum the living room. With all the present wrapping, things have gotten a little out of control.

Have a wonderful Sunday, all!!!

Andrea

·
27,948 Posts
You need some better slippers Vanessa. Maybe Santa will bring you some.

Quiet Sunday here. I've just been puttering around getting jobs done here & there. The afternoon looks to be a good one for sitting by the fire reading since it's all gray and cold out with occasional flurries flittering by. Flit, flit.:D
Cat caught a huge vole outside and I had to take it away before she started snacking on it, for some reason she doesn't understand why I don't like to clean hacked up guts. Go figure. :cat:

Toe talk ahead, skip paragraph if you want. :D
Went to the docs Fri to get stitches out and it seems we might have taken them out too early. It's closing up but really could have used a few more days. I was supposed to be able to go bandage free but now that it's opened up I had to cover it. I was afraid to look at it today but it is closing. It's my toe so I'm not to worried about a scar but I just don't want to lose ground. Still wearing that dumb old boot because it's still swollen. lalala.

Went to the library yesterday so I'm stocked up on books. Never read M.C. Beaton but I got a bunch. Her character, Agatha Raisin, sounds like she's something else! :) Also picked up a couple Fantasy/sci fi books & Anne George mysteries. Love having books all piled up that have me anticipating my next adventure.:thumb:

Hope you all have a simply adventurous day!

·
27,948 Posts
Nessa, hope you got that fire started and your feet warmed up! You need some heatable slippers!

I am at Panera attempting to do my homework....I couldnt' sleep last night and didn't get much sleep at all (maybe 5 hours), so it seems like a monumental task at the moment.

After I leave here, I will do some grocery shopping and then go play with my new breadmaker. I am making a garlic/herb bread that should be YUMMY for sandwiches or just toasting with a bit of whipped butter.

IF I have any energy after that, I want to clean the bathroom and vacuum the living room. With all the present wrapping, things have gotten a little out of control.

Have a wonderful Sunday, all!!!

Andrea
Can you pick me up some Tomato Basil bread from Panera for me? It's my fav!! I haven't had it in probably 2 years.
Have fun with your new bread maker!

·
19,119 Posts
Good morning everyone. Got up at 5:30AM so now I will be taking a nap this afternoon!!

DH is coming home tonight so I am definitely cleaning up the crafting LR and turning it back into a real LR!!

Will also be working on knitting the scarf - need to have that done by Wednesday.

Other than those two major projects I'll be doing the usual in getting ready for the week ahead - laundry, menu planning, wardrobe planning.

And I will be accompanied by football on TV!!

Have a great Sunday friends!!

·
19,119 Posts
Messages passed in the morning!!

Darlene - mahalo for the update on your toe - was wondering how it was doing. Glad you'll be curled up reading today and off your feet - take care and heal well!!

Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Today was another cold and windy day.We went to early Mass then headed out for some Christmas shopping. Oh my. Busy, busy. I finished up except for odds and ends and the baked goods we will be giving for gifts. We saw a shoplifter busted- she had a cart full of items that she purchased and then stole a TomTom navigational device. She walked out at the same time we did and they surrounded her. And lied like a dog ," Oh, I brought it in with me!" When they opened her purse they found more items! I don't need a TomTom to know where she was headed.We have been wrapping presents and enjoying Subway with cocoa by the fire. It was a wonderful Sunday! Hope you had a good one too!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Vanessa, on word-mukluks:cool:
Darlene you will love Agatha Raisin, she is funnyyyy. I have read several M.C. Beaton books and they are all good.
Now let's see, I went to town to get newspapers, came home grabbed coffee and clipped coupons waiting for football to start. I love my Sunday ritual. DH made lasagna and garlic bread for dinner and I reward him by cleaning up the mess but oh is it worth craning my neck to get spaghetti sauce off the ceiling. I did clothes, weatherstripped around the front door, dishes, and swept kitchen.
Now to get some reading in and it will have been a perfect day.

Cat

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Dh took the little one and his daughter to Sears to get the oil changed and took them out in mall to have some fun. Serenity for once! I was going to sleep more but decided to clean the house like a mad women! It was amazing what I got done without a three year old under my legs. :)

Watched the Chiefs game and dragged the family out grocery shopping to Aldi. Later I took my step daughter out and did some more xmas shopping. I also cut dh's hair.

It was a nice day. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We wen to church then came home and ate lunch. Then started on decorating the christmas tree. Then watched christmas light show and relaxed. Watched it snow on & off all day today. Had a great Sunday!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.