Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to a wonderful Sunday - lots of football, lei making, present wrapping, Gingerman baking day!!

DH and I are planning a day of getting ready for DD's return from college on Thursday and decorating the house - oh and getting Christmas cards out too.

Lots to do, but it's all the type of things that we love doing and smell sweetly of Christmas!!

Hope your Sunday is wonderful too!! :swave:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good morning, Maui!

I went to bed around 8:30 p.m. last night, so now I'm up at 3 a.m. and I am WIDE awake! DH is up working on his term paper and making laundry detergent.

Today I plan to get LOTS of housework done and get laundry ready for the work week. Not sure what the winter storm is supposed to do....it is just raining right now.

Last night I made a batch of barking crackers and it turned out SOOOO yummy! Only problem is I couldn't stay out of them! haha Must have eaten about 1,000 calories worth which isn't hard to do when you're eating toffee w/chocolate!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Andrea

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Good morning, all!

I plan on doing as much laundry as possible today. Gotta wash it, dry it and put it away. Must. Do. That. Laundry.

Then, from 12:30-4:00, I have to be at our local museum. I'm the co-president of our local education foundation, and today is our first big fundraiser, a house tour of some beautiful and distinctive homes in our town. The tour kicks off from the museum, so I need to say a few words to the people before they head out.

Other than that, I really plan on taking it easy!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I'm staying in all day today. It's rainy and windy and cold. My plans are to bake Christmas cookies and brownies as gifts for co-workers and students.

I also need to do some general picking up of the house----it looks sad and neglected.

·
27,948 Posts
Wow you all are groov'in to the music! You are making me feel like a slug-a-bed by getting up at 6:30 and so far getting dressed and drinking coffee. We've got some freezing drizzle now and since I went grocery shopping and to the liquor store for my final Christmas gift,(woohoo!) I have nowhere I have to be. Yesterday dd was able to meet me at BJ's and she kept me company while I shopped early to beat the crowds. After all the running around we went to her place for lunch, eating the free subs we bought (gift card & one free with points). It's been a while since just the 2 of us were together so this was an extra nice day.
Just waiting on a few more presents to come from Amazon, and I can wrap them all. So nice not fighting for parking spots, places in line and all the jostling that goes with being around too many people. The longer I live my quieter peaceful lifestyle the more I hate crowds. By 9:30 yesterday morning my one and only gift to buy in person was done. Woot!

Still no decorations up here except the holiday wreath that is golden in color and goes up for both Thanksgiving & Christmas. Our Tree is going up the 19th when we're having the cast of Characters from Thanksgiving come to help us trim it. I'll feed them a nice lunch too.;)

Not much on the agenda today, like Amy I should do laundry but with just 2 of us here my need isn't as pressing. Amazing how fast that mountain grows & is never ending when you have children.
I need to take the meat off that chicken we had for dinner last night and am thinking of making soup or chicken chili with the broth. Hmm.

"When you get a groove going, time flies."
Donald Fagen

Get your groove on today and enjoy! :bigglass: :rainote:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
After two weeks of funeral activity, I am going to attack this house! It's a sty! At least a room or two, and then work along at it this week.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Laziness abounds at my house...still.....
However, the storm is starting with freezing temps and rain falling down. Will end up very interesting I am sure. I have allocated myself 1 hour to play on puter then intend to start some cookie baking. Spend the afternoon baking, make steaks on the George for dinner. In the evening I need to break down and run the sweeper and tidy up a bit. Then to bed at a reasonable hour in order to be up extra early tomorrow for work.
All in all...not a bad day!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow, everybody is up and going early today! YAY! DH is home, so it's been on the go with home here. Yesterday we went and cut woods back in the mountains with friends, so that's a wonderful feeling to stock up on that.

Today DH leaves again for the week, and I'm kinda bummed. This weekend flew by, but I know that once he's gone, our week will be jam-packed with our regular activities.

I also need to do tons of laundry today. The floors could stand to be mopped, as well. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I need to help the younger 2 with their bedrooms, and finally, clean out my Explorer. It's such a rolling pigsty! lol

I was going to watch the Vikings game, but I see that's been postponed until tomorrow. So i guess I should get out of bed and get busy! lol

Have a great Sunday!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
With it being cold and windy outside, just going to stay in. Need to tidy the house, make some cookies, and Christmas trees. 3 more left.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Went to church now home ate lunch, now just relaxing going to watch the Packers game. Then I'll make mini red velvet cheesecakes ohhh they are soo scrumptious!!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
not very simpleand quiet here - younger dd had her first cheer competition for the year - one of the other teams is from a towns cheer /football league which tend to have much bigger squads and IMO these people got a bit too into it - the town teams are the indians so they had war paint on their faces and one guy had a drum ( not a tom tom like a marching band drum ) and kept banging on it and they were doing that indian chant and tomahawk thing every five seconds . sad thing is when their cute little pee wee girls were cheering you couldnt even hear them over the adults . needless to say it = headache !!

on a brite note our girls automatically won first place in their division because the other team dropped out but they also won grand champs ( highest scores out of every team that competed that competition ) so they felt better that they didnt win just by default and apparently will be getting free sweatshirts !!!

once home i took dd to 5 and below to do her christmas shopping for her siblings - next weekend is her birthday so i wasnt taking her then plus next weekend will be one crazy holiday weekend i am sure !!

oh the loud team also had a slew of dads that had this on the back of their team tees _ i'm here to check out the hot cheer moms - which i found a bit innapropriate esp since the girls they were cheering for were under 12 !! my dd read one and said eww gross.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It snowed last night, and the wind is so very cold! What a busy weekend we had. Friday night we did another business Christmas party at our house, Saturday was our second family Christmas party. Today we went to early church, then came home and drove out to the farm to check on everything. We put down extra straw for the barn cats and made sure the cattle and horses were okay. The ponds are icy, but the creek is still running.It is my goal to be in bed tonight by 9 PM! I need to recharge! Hope had a good weekend and a happy Sunday!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.