Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day with warmer temps has me smiling. After vacc'ing and doing a few little jobs in the house the day is mine to do as I please and I think I'd like to get alot of reading done. Later on we'll be checking out Nascar.;)
Dinner tonight is a chicken (89¢lb) mashed potatoes and corn. Feels like an old fashioned Sunday dinner with that menu.
Here's a pic of the creek I took this morn, looks like it's enjoying a simple Sunday too just lazing around waiting for Spring.
Enjoy the day!

Reactions: piney

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
It is still early morning here, with the sun just peeping into view, but it promises to be a lovely day, so I am going to be out on my deck most of the morning and into the afternoon, getting my potted plants in some sort of order. Lots of puttering today, I think. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning!

The weather here is lovely, minus the 40 mph wind. It was 57 degrees yesterday! So bizarre!

Yesterday I painted a chalkboard onto dd's wall, which turned out WONDERFULLY! If I get ambitious, I just may paint one on the other dd's wall today.

Today is more of the same from yesterday. Doing more laundry, putting said laundry away, and getting dh packed up to head back to his apartment for the week. Will be helping the kids with their valentine's cards for tomorrow, and oldest has a presentation due tomorrow for her 4H meeting. We have to make caramels and toffee to show the importance of using a candy thermometer while making certain foods.

I swore to myself I would finish the taxes this weekend, so that NEEDS to get done. Sigh. I just don't wanna! :)

Alright, I better get up. DH is in the kitchen whipping up french toast, and it smells delightful! Have a good one!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Too bad that our cats belly gets hungry a little before 6:00 a.m. because even though we are going to church today, I could have slept longer. So today is church and then home so that dh can color my hair for me. Dinner tonight will be a teriyaki chicken recipe from Mr. Food's e-mail along with rice and veggie. A classmate of dh's will be over for a few minutes in the early evening. That is all that I can think of at the moment that is planned for our day.

It sounds like everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Except for preparing taxes.

The chalkboard sounds like a grand idea for a girl's bedroom.

A beautiful picture of the creek.

MH enjoy your sunshine and your plants.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Just got back from breakfast out with a dear friend. Ran to pharmacy for cold meds for poor dh whose a little under the weather.
Today shall be quiet: laundry, studying for correspondance class and easy dinner.
A day to recharge batteries for the upcoming week!

·
19,119 Posts
The plan for today was to go to the other side shopping with a friend - down the tubes since I woke up feeling yucky - best way to describe it. So shall be heading back to bed in a few minutes to see if I can sleep this away.

If all goes well - shall be doing paperwork - doing financial updates and working more on the taxes. I would really like to clean up and put away these last few piles of aperwork on the coffee table - sort of a clean sweep!!

Still need to work on weekly lesson plans and finish up the weekly work for an online class I'm taking.

would love to get to the pool for more exercising - we shall see.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Lazy Sunday here.

After I catch up on all my internet fun, I'll sauté asparagus I bought on sale. We like it as a soup-ish dish with tiny shell pasta, dressed with evoo, grated cheese and red pepper flakes. There'll be enough to freeze for no cook days.

I just finished The Millionaire Next Door and started America's Cheapest Family both by Steve & Annette Economides. I'm enjoying them very much.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Went to church came home ate left overs for lunch done some dishes thinking of taking a nap it a lazy day for me.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Work...work...work...I tell you we nurses are always working.
Well Praise the Lord that I have a job :rollsmile

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Lazy Sunday here.

After I catch up on all my internet fun, I'll sauté asparagus I bought on sale. We like it as a soup-ish dish with tiny shell pasta, dressed with evoo, grated cheese and red pepper flakes. There'll be enough to freeze for no cook days.

I just finished The Millionaire Next Door and started America's Cheapest Family both by Steve & Annette Economides. I'm enjoying them very much.
Correction: The Millionaire Next Door is by Thomas J. Stanley PhD and William D. Danko PhD.
America's Cheapest Family: Gets You Right On The Money is by Steve and Annette Economides.

Apologies.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon, all!

It's been a lazy day so far because I've been napping alot today. I guess I need the rest though becuase I cannot seem to stay awake for very long....LOL.

Did a load of dishes and some reading/homework, but that's the extent of my day. I'm supposed to do a secret shopper activity today for my marketing class, but DH is going to help me out and pick up the item needed and I can take it from there.

My health is back on track....gained almost all of my weight back though! I had lost like 10 pounds and I gained it all back. :( Oh well, it wasn't a "real" weight loss anyway, just from being sick with the stomach flu....

Well, I'd better get back to my homework....hopefully I can finish it all today for tomorrow night's class!

Andrea

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention....today is my 22 year anniversary @ work! Can't believe I've been at the same company for 22 years! Hopefully, I can retire in a few years......

Andrea

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Good evening. Woke up this morning with a headache, so I didn't make it to church. Later in the day, DH and I went to CVS for facewash, Target for rug, shoes($22), and curtain rods, Walgreens, and Kroger. Bought 2 bunches fresh asparagus, blackberries,2 pkgs. frozen peas,2 pkgs. green beans,2pkgs. brussel sprouts, strawberries, rhubarb, bread for $17. Then went to the local antique mall to look for a peddle sewing maching for my next production. Getting ready to cut coupons. Lunch was out at Whataburger. Tonight will be whatever we can find in the fridge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.