Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. It's the last day of February which means SPRING is just around the corner.:hurray: I plan on having a slow uneventful day. I have 1 load of clothes to do and some dishes to wash. Past that what I will do is anyone's guess. I do need to go into town to buy a newspaper for the coupons and ads. I need to do some reading, send some emails and maybe watch a movie with DH. Hope you all enjoy your day.

Cat

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Good morning! I have baked a pan of muffins, I hate using muffin tins so I bake them in a 9x9 pan.

~I have started laundry and have a lot more to do.
~Keep cleaning, the mud from the melting snow is making me crazy.
~Bake some whole wheat peanut butter cookies.
~Make a pot of beef vegetable soup using leftovers.
And the most important thing-
Watch the US vs. Canada hockey game for the gold medal!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good morning! :wave:

The kitchen is clean from breakfast and laundry is started. We are headed to church in a few minutes and then to town to pick up some rabbit feed. Hopefully, the rest of the day will be spent relaxing and enjoying time with my family.

Have a great day, Villagers!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Lazy and WONDERFUL Sunday here! :) I got up early, but climbed back in bed and have been drinking coffee and playing on the laptop! It was snowing lightly this morning, but now is sunny and gorgeous out! Both views, equally beautiful!

I did quickly pop out of bed and put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot with some bbq sauce so that supper is taken care of, though. YAY!

Today (if I get out of bed! ha!) will be spent cleaning, as usual. The laundry that never ends will also be tackled again. DH put in new shelving in my pantry in the master bath, and I'm THRILLED about that. So I'll be re-organizing that space as well.

I also need to clip and organize my coupons. DD1 wants to go into town today. She has a Target gift card burning a hole in her pocket! We'll see...

Enjoy the day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
So far I've gone to church and made lunch for DH and me. We're going to head out for a work errand of his about 2.5 hrs away, and I'll be doing paperwork on the drive to/from. May fold clothes once I'm home, depending on the time we get back. Weekends just aren't long enough!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Nessa good job of staying in bed! :D

Hmmm....today - I think no more 'fluff' tv for me. Had enough of it yesterday. I will prob have the Canada vs USA hockey game on in the background. Not sure whats for dinner yet and just need to fold laundry and probably clean the bathroom. Possibly do some reading and definitely pop by the pharmacy to pick up some supplies.

Basically a lazy day here for me :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Started off with sour dough pancakes and froze enough for three more breakfasts. Had to break out my Armstrong Snow Thrower this morning to move my banks back 5 feet or so. Resting a little now before I finish shoveling. Pat's working up a batch of custard...just went in the oven.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon,

Today I slept in, went to the local health food store to have a cup of "coffee" and read my homework, bought a couple of things there (tea, sprouted grain bread, staples really), and came home. I have a LOT more homework to do, so I guess I'll get to it now....

Sounds like everyone is having a good day so far....enjoy the games on t.v.!

Andrea

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I finished an afghan while I drank my morning tea and listened to a (boring) audiobook.

I'm at work now until 11. Not much to do at work today and the library is almost empty, so I'll probably pop in and out of FV often. I brought a great book to read to help pass the time.

When I get home tonight I would like to clean the microwave, but my guess is that the odds are greatly against that actually happening. Probably more crocheting or reading until bedtime around 2:30.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sunday, 2/28

Well, this is now almost the last few minutes of today(to my part of the world, due to time difference)
Did some more grocery shopping.
Visting & chit-chating w/ a good friend.
Planting some more veg.
Still pondering if & what job positon new company is offering me (nothing in writing yet)
Dinner at home
Planted 6 more swiss chard.
Watch some olympics
Well, goodnight everybody.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts