Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Ahh Sunday, my favorite day of the week. Even the Sunday's I have to work seem to be the most peaceful, easy going day of the week, I think God picked a perfect day for resting. I only need to dust and sweep frontroom today so no pressure here. I'm fixing a roast, potaotes and green beans for dinner. I would like to pull some weeds but I'll have to see what Mother Nature says about that, allergies. It's going to be another gorgeous day here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cat

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good morning everyone. Ahh Sunday, my favorite day of the week. Even the Sunday's I have to work seem to be the most peaceful, easy going day of the week, I think God picked a perfect day for resting. I only need to dust and sweep frontroom today so no pressure here. I'm fixing a roast, potaotes and green beans for dinner. I would like to pull some weeds but I'll have to see what Mother Nature says about that, allergies. It's going to be another gorgeous day here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cat

Thank you for those lovely thoughts, Sassyclass. I agree totally! I love Sundays. I used to feel depressed all day on Sundays because I had "end-of-the-weekend-itis." Now, I rejoice because I look forward to the start of a new week.

Today I'm planning my DS's birthday party. Going to do some cardmaking and knitting.

The weather in Arkansas is perfect today! Not too hot, not too cool!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also love sundays, even though I have to work every stinkin sunday. Not much going on today. Hanging out on the computer while the kiddo is watching Dora. Then gonna get ready to go to work. My hubby is making hamburgers and homemade fries for dinner (yummy) and then this evening when I get home we are gonna play some dominos......very boring and wonderful all in one. I love life

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
984 Posts
You know when I worked I used to hate Sunday because all I thought about was work the next day. That was a long time ago though and I like Sunday just fine now. One time when I was younger and worked there was an older lady who I worked with and she listened to me and another co worker talking one day about how we wished it was our vacations and wished it was the weekend , wished it was a bank holiday etc. (I worked at the bank lol) and she said you know you girls are wishing your life away, enjoy today and that really stuck with me. Now I try to enjoy the day I am living. Anyways, all that said, Today looks quiet here. Dh and youngest dd are out for a bike ride, we are making homemade pizza together later for dinner and the weather is perfect.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Went to worship this morning, and we're studying about gifts and service - food for thought

Pork BBQ for lunch

Dh and kids going to watch DDs church softball game

I'm planning to get the week all laid out for the family, because I'm working 50+ hours next week.

Taking a nap - I work the 10p to 6a shift tonight

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Dh and I went to CVS this morning to take advantage of purchasing the school supplies that were free after ECB. I had $27 in ECB, bought 4 packs of notebook paper, 4 one inch binders, 4 twenty-four count packs of pencils, 4 memo pads, & 4 ten count packs of pens. Used $18.00 of my ECB plus spent $2.45 OOP to pay for it all. Then got $18.00 back in ECB.

We ran by Sam's and picked up our meats and some other food items for the week.

Need to run by Publix in a few minutes to get the items on sale there that I need and take advantage of their penny item which id Publix brand Frosted Flakes.

Going to skip getting my five newspapers this week as the coupons are not good ones.

Have to take DD to work this afternoon. The baseball team she works for is having kid's day and they will be packed.

DH and DS have six yards to do this afternoon/evening.

Dinner looks like it's going to be hamburgers, french fries and salad.

·
19,119 Posts
Aloha all - love Sundays - especially this one!! DH and I are spending the day out of the house doing errands, movie, lunch out - fun things together!!

He's making breakfast right now. Then we'll head to school so I can pick up some things in my classroom - then off to the other side.

Pick up our tickets for Harry Potter.

Check out Walmart and Costco - bringing the cooler just in case!!

Want to try a new restaurant that's opened - Sizzling Steaks - heard it's pretty good and affordable - amazing on Maui!!

Finished hemming the strip quilt I was given and would love it if DH could put it up for me - using it as a hanging quilt.

Want to spend tonight leisurely getting ready for the week - last week of summer school, then new school year starts in 8 days!!

Have a lovely mellow day!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am off today! Yay! I have a lot of cleaning to do. My DBF laid laminate flooring in our living room and a lot of the smaller furniture and stuff is still sitting in the kitchen. So I shall be cleaning! Spending time loving on the dog and the kitty! I am planning on have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Went to church, then out to lunch with friends. (I used a gift card I had received at Christmas for the restaurant, woohoo). Afterwards I went birthday shopping for my Granddaughters 1st birthday end of next month. I am ahead of the game. hehe

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Went to church and accepted our new minister & his family into our church. It's going to be a fun new journey:)

I sat around all afternoon as I had some MAJOR reflux. I'm very confused as to what caused it...

Now off to the grocery store, CVS and Aldi's ~ alone!

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Made it to service this morning. Ran a bit late but made it all the same.

We went out to eat lunch and then hit the Staples free after rebates promos out for this week.

Came home and completed day 1 out of 180 for my Read the Bible in 180 day challenge :D

Now just laundry and trying to take it easy...

·
Registered
699 Posts
We had a very good Sunday. It was very cheap for us. .83 cents...woohoo. We went horse back riding, watched a movie (dvd rental) put borders on a quilt and took a nap. We ate at home - sandwiches for lunch and porksteaks (free) for dinner.

Hopefully everyone has a great week!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts