Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year everybody!

I have made a big breakfast for the new year. :)

We are going to visit the IL's so the DSs can see them one more time before they go home. And maybe drop off their dog with them, so we can go up north. :snowing:

I am soooooo exhausted. :smhelp: I have been cooking and making food for 3 weeks straight without a break at all.....like all day, every day. On less sleep.

BUT, my kids are here for another day or two, and all is well. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Enjoy your family, Cheryl, and then get some rest! :)

Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm not really sure what I should be doing today. Lots of things, but I'm being lazy again. Love it!

I need to head back to town today to take movies back to Redbox. I also need to pick up a few groceries for the start of another school/work week. Ugh, so not looking forward to THAT battle with the kids after such a long relaxing break...

I will be cleaning out at least 1 closet today in the house. I also need to start planning ds' birthday. He turns 10 on Wednesday, and we will be hopefully throwing his birthday party on Saturday. It's going to be a lot of work, but it won't seem as bad if I spread out the planning starting now. :)

Have a great 1st day of the year, everyone!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I made a big pot of coffee and plan on spending the day knitting and listening to music -- in my JAMMIES!!!!!!!!!

Happy 2012!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Happy New Year everyone!
It's snowing and blowing here in NE Wisconsin.
Packers are playing (not greatly at them moment) and we are snuggled on the couch.
Made some money bread and eggs/bacon.
catching up on my forums, tweaking the 2012 budget and wondering what I can organize this afternoon.
School/work starts Tuesday and it too has been a wonderful break.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Enjoying the sun shining in the windows and warming the house.. Working on a ta-da list instead of a to do list. Focusing on the positive ie what I have accomplished instead of all that is left that needs to be done. Made lunches for me and kids using up some odds and ends...turned into hamburger bun ham and cheese pizzas with some sliced fruit on the side.
Baby is napping now, so I'm off to face the music... The checking account and the bills...I have gotten way off track with knowing where and when the money is going.
Happy New Year to all the villagers! I aim to come back around a lot more often in 2012!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I ventured out and did the grocery shopping because I had a $5.00 coupon that was expiring today and it was worth it and I had to do the shopping anyway.

Other than that, we're doing nothing. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Very lazy day at home after an evening of appetizers and a glass of wine with the bf turned into an unplanned night out last night with a few drinks. BF is watching football game and I'm just hanging out online. Looking forward to tomorrow when I feel a bit more energetic and can get into cleaning/organizational mode. Took down 2011 calendars - realized I don't have any for 2012. Usually my nature groups send them to me, but this year, no go. :( Need to find some cheap.

·
Registered
460 Posts
we started out the morning at church and then went to visit my grandparents. While we were there we visited one of their elderly neighbors. She was so stinking sweet. Now we are home enjoying the rest of te day and getting a little cleaning done!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Started the day with a cup of coffee and reading a book. I made DH and I breakfast, did laundry, ironed, took the dog for a walk, loaded the fireplace with wood for the upcoming coldfront, recycled glass, picked up baby things to donate to a new mother, cut coupons and made a trip to CVS. I bought 2 bottles of Dawn, 3 bars of Ivory soap, and a bottle of Crest pro mouthwash. I spent $4.95 and saved a total of $6.34. I have to grade tests, post grades, and then do my monthly calendar for school. I feel very accomplished today.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yesterday:

- vacuumed
- washed dishes
- washed/folded clothes
- took plastics to recycling
- made dinner
- put clean sheets on bed
- cleaned out refrigerator

·
Registered
645 Posts
Feeling very lazy - just relaxed and so nice not to have anything to do - after an entire month of having so much to do. Watching CBS Sunday morning show, watching some different nest cams - eagles, falcons, hawks. Will probably do some cooking, but not much else.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'm going to try to put away Christmas decorations today, can't wait.

Put some clean sheets on the bed last night, and it felt so nice.

Heard a black capped chickadee this morning and the sun is shining.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts