Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day, sunny and crunchy cool right now. I've got some laundry just finishing in the washer & am waiting a bit to go out & hang it since it's now only 44.1º. Don't want my fingers to freeze hanging wet laundry. :toothy:
I got all that housework I've been putting off done yesterday so today I'll be relaxing. I've plans to bundle up later & sit in the sun and read. I've got a romance novel going right now that's perfect for a day like today.
Dinner is from the freezer & fridge so no need to go spend some money. The chicken leg quarters I'll be baking were super cheap. I'll cut the "backs" off and make a bit of broth from them and use the rest of the chicken for dinner. Side dishes are easy on the pocketbook too. For the rice I'll be adding some peanuts that I got for $1/lb. from the bulk bin. I stocked up and got about 5 lbs and put them in the freezer where they will keep well for a long time. Probably use them for making peanut brittle for gifts at Christmas.

Hope you all have a simple, silly, fun kind of day. :sun:

·
Registered
156 Posts
It will be a nice fall day here in Chicago, sunny and crisp out.

I woke up and made my cappuccino :coffee: and am now thinking about what I will do today. One thing I like about Sunday's is the feeling of preparing for the week. I will pick up around the condo, clean and do laundry. This will be my second week of menu planning and need to do that today as well. :chef: It was so great last week, knowing that I had everything for dinner already at home and not having to figure out dinner plans during the day - definitely helped remove just a bit of stress! I really need to get over to the Yoga studio for a class at 12 (I bought a groupon for unlimited yoga for a month and am trying to make sure I get my $'s worth!). Then, I need to find my nephew a birthday present - so I will venture out this afternoon to do a bit of shopping. Lot's to do....I hope everybody has a nice Sunday!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Today it is full sun and i feel like getting out and about. I am thinking i will walk around the craft store and maybe goodwill.

But i also have two loads of laundry to do and have my netflix i would like to watch.

I have a busy week ahead so i will be making a big dinner that will last me a couple of days.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
It's sunny and cool here today.

I kept DD home from Sunday school this morning because she's been battling a low-grade fever since Thursday, when she was sent home from school. However, we're taking my Dad out for his birthday tonight, and she does seem to be fine to me, so she's doing homework and laying low while my Dh has the boys at his Dad's for Sunday bagels with the extended family.

Yesterday, I did all of the weekly laundry and cleaned up the house, so there really aren't many chores to do today. I do have a load of laundry running from some hand-me-downs a friend gave me for the boys. Seems like a good time to do it.

I have to do the grocery shopping, but I really, REALLY don't want to. Just not in the mood and I've been doing small shops for the past few weeks, so it's time for the big shopping trip. I'll probably go while Dh and the boys are watching the Giants game.

I've been reading the new Rick Riordan book for my students at school, and I will probably spend time on that, as well. It's a great book and is hard to put down!

I've updated the blog, but other than that, I'm just planning on chilling and taking it easy! Back to work tomorrow!

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's sunny and cool here too this morning. I woke up to the heat coming on in the house. It reminded me to clean the furnace filter!

I have tidying up to do today, though I may procrastinate a little because I will have Tuesday off work after I take DS8 for some tooth extractions. Some things will wait until then.

I'll do a couple of loads of laundry, clean the bathrooms, vaccuum the main floor, and cook for the week. There's a football game at 2 and hopefully the boys will have a friend over during the game so i can watch with minimal distractions :)

It should be a pleasant Sunday.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow, I'm lazy this morning! I love relaxing mornings!

Today, I need to start the laundry that I have neglected this week due to sick kids and not feeling great myself. I also need to help ds with all of his worksheets from school that he needs to make up from last week. That's going to be torture! :( Then ds has a birthday party in town starting at 3:30 today, so while he's there, I'm planning to go grocery shopping. Should work out well.

DH heads back to his job today, and we have been spoiled having him around the house this past week. At least we'll see him on Thursday night for an extended weekend again. But for the time being, it's back to my old routine!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
It is overcast and windy. Looks like it's trying to bring winter here.

Cleaning the loft. Doing a load of laundry.

Making DH's fancy Martha Stewart Sunday brunch, if he ever gets up, lol.

Don't know what's for dinner:confused:---I'm thinking beef roast and brussels sprouts, and a low-carb dessert. I'd better get thawing.....:dunce:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
It's sunny, beautiful, and cool. Loving the windows open even if I've already sneezed a million times. :)

Watching football and I think one of our friends may drop by for a :chug:

Probably going to the store later to pick up a few things, or I'll tell dh too. ;) Feeling lazy in a good way. Hmmmm, no idea what's for dinner yet..but I plan on baking some brownies. Need chocolate!!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
After not falling asleep until 2am, I got my day started at 11:30. A nice tall cup of green tea later, I'm ready to get things done!

We're having some grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch (I got a killer deal on tomato soup yesterday), then it's off to Sears. I need a new vacuum and need to check on whether Sears carries leotards for my Halloween costume. After that, we'll be coming home and taking care of the house for the rest of the day. I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, but other than that, it's a peaceful Sunday. :)

DH is gonna massage my back for me tonight because for the last three weeks, it's been in extreme pain. I'm still able to function, though, so that's good. :D

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Today I've gone for breakky with a friend to catch up - was great to get out w/o feeling guilty by going out w/o dad - still felt guilty but not so much. Then hit the farmers market and went to browse cars at the dealerships for 'fun' and something to do that was free/cheap and easy.

Its a glorious day out here very warm for fall, had a thin sweatshirt on with a scarf and thats it. Sunny sunny sunny! :) I love this type of fall day!

Now off to figure out what I should make for dinner with the eggplants I bought at the farmers market.

·
Registered
682 Posts
We spent the day in from church, because my back is starting to go out. So, just prepping for the week ahead. Kids Dad is visiting us, so we wrapped Christmas presents and I am making a trip tip, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes for brunch. I'm doing some laundry, so the boys are all ready for the week ahead. The girls are already caught up. I got the kids lunches started for tomorrow and now I'm spending some time working on relaxing and purchasing some new things for the baby on craigslist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.