Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully today will be a simple day here. *prays*

I need to pop out to the organic grocery store to pick up more gluten free cake mixes (sale ends today). I tested a box out yesterday and it was delish! I've read that a lot of gluten free cake mixes have a cornmeal texture and I wanted to ensure this one didn't so I could serve it with Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. I plan to pick up extras for Christmas as well. Its also not full of other stuff that my sis can't eat so this will be a huge hit!

DH is trying to install a new vanity in our bathroom, replacing a beautifully non practical pedestal sink. Anyone want to buy it? LOL We had to remove the sink, scrape off the wall paper behind it and clean the wall. I think he also mudded the wall to prep it for the new sink & tile backsplash. I do know we need to pop into our second home (Home Depot) to pick up some plumbing supplies.

Other then that, I hope its a quiet day here - laundry's already done and I think dad had his heart set on making dinner so I'm off duty! :clap:

What are y'all doing today?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Pretty quiet day here. Exercised already. Need to finish sewing alterations. Some cleaning and later on will pick up a movie at redbox.

Nice sunny fall day here.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
It was a busy day here but I like to be moving on the weekends since I sit so much at work. I went on a run this morning after cooking my oldest breakfast. Then it was a shower, laundry, grocery ads and coupons, dropping off the boys to reff and going to the grocery. I managed to bake up a couple of loaves of apple bread and one of oatmeal bread after I got the the roast on. I had a glass of wine while I mixed stuff up and kept eying the HUGE pumpkin I picked up knowing there was no way I have time to cook it down today but thinking of everything I'll be able to do with it.

At the moment I'm enjoying the smell of home cooking going through the house and relaxing while waiting on DH to get back with the boys. Then tonight there is Dexter. I am so NOT a TV person but this one I like and look foward to.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hubby made an extra $40 last night at work, so he picked up extra goodies for our Football Day. I got up late and cleaned up our bedroom. It's been a pretty lazy day all the way around for my family. I made a new piece for our living room. I had seen something like it at Hobby Lobby for $60, but can't spend that kind of money on something like that. So, I bought the pieces on sale and probably spent about $15 to make it myself. So, proud of myself there. Just hanging out with hubby while we watch some football. Have a little homework tonight, so gonna work on that a little later. wallwreath.jpg

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
spent the day doing nothing...I walked the dogs and then went for a walk by myself...Went and visited a friend..dyed my hair and cooked supper...My friend sent over a homemade derby pie which was delicious....so a nice easy day...... watched Once upon a Time..waiting for next season of dexter on dvd..lol

lovemyBliss it is very pretty wall hanging and if those are your daughters they are lovely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts