Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasn't there a thread called simply made?? If so I am losing my mind because i cannot find it, lol.

I wanted to ask a question in that Forum about using baking soda as a cleaner...might not even belong in that thread. My question was that I used baking soda to clean my counters, did great and got out a juice stan and did great. But now i have a film from the baking soda that i can't get rid of...any clues?? I thought of vinegar, but don't know if that would cause a bad chemical reaction.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Melissa, I could not find it either, I tried to do a search for your user name and baking soda and another one for your user name and counters and I could not find it either. :( . I think it must be a case of gremlins at work again, LOL. You might try to do a search for all post by you, (you can do it if you click the search botton at the bottom of any or your posts. You might recognize it if you saw it again.

I wish I had a good answer for your question, but I am not sure either. You might try using a bit of bleach diluted in water. I use that for stains on my counter tops. I don't think it would react with the baking soda on the counter if you have already wiped it off with something else. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops lol. I wasn't clear. I haven't yet posted the question. LOL I couldn't find the forum in which to post. I couldn't find the Simply Made Forum. I will try your suggestion Kathy, thnaks! Angie, you are a great mod, i bet it is as Kathy suggested, a case of computer gremlins. :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Melissa, vinegar will react and cause bubbling, not sure it would hurt the counter and may give your children the giggles.
I usually jsut keep rinsing till its gone. A scrubber sponge helps too though.

·
27,948 Posts
Some things were "forgotten" when Sara made some changes not too long ago. She lost me as a moderator,lol. She'll fix it as soon as she knows about it. Or maybe it was consolidated into another catagory. Sara????

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I removed some forums until the changeover. They'll be back soon.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah! okie doke.

Well, I tried the vinegar to remove the soda, and it worked fine. I am guessing that when I rinsed the soda and water paste off it dilued the soda enough that it really didn't fizz too much. so, anyhow it removed the soda just fine, no more film left. and the stain form the kids juice is all gone. woo hoo!

I was gonna give the diluted bleach a shot next. But i don't have to now. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am glad that you got it off the counter Melissa. I am glad that we have the answer to our thread mystery too :D .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts