Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Everyone!!! :vibes:

I've been up and about since a few minutes before 5 (my normal get up for work time). I was going to make myself go back to bed and maybe I will in a bit since I was up till a few minutes after midnight last night. I couldn't resist the quiet though. I love the quiet in the morning when everyone else is still in bed. Currently it's quiet enough to hear my border collie snoreing from across the house and the gas for the oven click up and down when the temperature is adjusting.

So far I have:

~ made coffee
~ made biscuits
~ mixed up and put in the oven 2 loaves of oatmeal bread
~ hard boiled a dozen eggs
~ folded a load of laundry
~ washed and put away the dishes I used
~ checked in on facebook
~ defrosted some bacon
~ brought in the paper
~ plotted dinner for the week

& drank half the pot of coffee while eating a couple of very warm homemade biscuits slathered with homemade blackberry jam. None of it felt like work. If moving through the rest of my day feels this peaceful it should be a wonderful day.

There isn't anything else specifically on the agenda other than dinner, picking up after ourselves, and prepping lunches for tomorrow so I'll go where the day takes me. I'll make sure to get some form of excersize in but I'm not going to committ to anything specific time or activity wise. Laundry, mending, flinging, are all high on the probablity list but then so is soaking in the tub with a book which I end up reading cover to cover today.

Hope you all have a wondrful day as well!

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
768 Posts
"Nomad," you put me to shame! Isn't it weird how you can wake up at the same time even on the weekends! And sometimes knowing it's the weekend makes you want to get up and get started on the day!

I am going to church, do laundry, help DD unpack from her Haiti mission trip, and rest. My throat is sore and my ear hurts! No fever, though.

Haev a great day, everyone!

·
8,714 Posts
~Ooo, RN, your breakfast sounds so good! Blackberry jam is the best and homemade, on homemade biscuits? Can I come over? :lol:
I'm thrilled today that the sun is finally coming out! It's been a monsoon here lately so a sunny day, high of 80* is just what I needed.
I'm going to wash and hang two loads of laundry, go to meeting, take the kids outside to play after dh cuts the knee-high grass, and then spend the afternoon baking goodies.
Hope you feel better, MomK!~

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hubby, the dogs, and I have been up for ages already. House has been straightened up, coffee about gone, etc. Hubby and I are going on a group Harley ride to Gator Fest - WOO HOO!

We are taking our rain gear. It has been raining off and on for days and there is a 30% chance today. We are going to try to go to Gilchrist, High Island, Crystal Beach, etc. and see what is left, how rebuilding it going, etc. after Hurricane Ike blew through a year ago.

I am making, gathering, packing some snacks and water for the ride. That way we won't have to spend money for them on the road or at the festival.

I got a great hair cut yesterday. This was my second visit to a little shop right around the corner from my house (less gas) and $10 cheaper than my previous shop.

I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
RN- I love the phrase 'plotted dinner' - it sounds so nefarious!!

I am headed to church, our congregation has gone from 3 services to 2 starting today, so I expect to see folks I've never seen before. (This is such a change, our former congregation had fewer than a dozen members- half of them lived at our house!)
Making spaghetti for noon meal
Work on homework for my online Case Management class
Plot my meals and homeschool lessons for next week
Take a nap before heading out to my overnight shift tonight
Hope everyone has a blessed day!!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I slept until 8 this morning which is late for me but when this happens i can really get things done.

i have started laundry
washed to bathroom floors
cleaned both bathrooms
need to
clean my shower
change the bed
wash dishes
figure out what is for dinner
clip coupons
wash Kitchen floor
tonight i am going to watch my one tree hill disk 4 season 6
maybe read also.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I woke up at 6:30 am to walk to the store for a newspaper. Then went and did laundry. Came home to find a nice bookshelf at the dumpster. So I brought it home and cleaned it up. Now I have more room to store books. The old bookshelf was moved to the living room closet. So had to reoganize that and get the bike and all its stuff ready to be sold tomorrow. Then made some quinoa burgers and prepped the kale for lunch. Walked to CVS to get the special on batteries. The $5 coupon really helped.

Finally taking a break by surfing this site. Still need to cook burgers and kale. Make up my grocery list for tomorrow. Hem three pairs of jeans. Look up information for an interview Wednesday.

Right now I can hear my cat snoring underneath the bed.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I slept in til 8 then got ready and went to church with family. Ate lunch and straightened up the house, washing son's tennis uniform and some towels. Put away some dishes,clipped coupons, cleaned out the litterbox. Now just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful sunny day in Indiana feels like summer yay! Dh isi sleeping on the front porch in the swing!
I need to grate up zuccini to freeze and make dinner later baked chicken and bisquits & salad.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's a nice lazy Sunday here. It's rainy & cloudy so no laundry can be done. Dd baked bread so the house smells lovely. Dh took me to lunch & we stopped at the store for a couple of things we were out of. Now we're home and just chillin'. This past week was the first week of school for everyone so we're recovering lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts