Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to be around more for my kids. I need to work full-time right now. My childsupport isn't very much and I know that I couldn't survive on just that. I shouldn't say I can't because I guess if I was in the right frame of mind or it came right down to it, I could but right now I can't. I have so much debt and I am hoping to have it paid off by the end of the year.

Maybe with alot planning and preparing this could be done.

What do you all think?
Do you think it's possible to be a single mom and a SAHM?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hi
All things are possible, but you might need to share a few more details, like your budget, your debt, your typical spending, etc. so that we can have some idea of income and outgo.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
You absolutely can do it! But like with anything else that's difficult, you'll need support and guidance, and even then it will probably still be hard. I guess if I was in your shoes, I would take as much time as I could to see what kind of info I could gather from boards like these. The ladies here are all great at making ends meet, using what they themselves have learned.

Check out the posts on the challenge boards and see how we're able to slash our bills. Then maybe for a few months or so, practice what you've learned using only your CS payments. Maybe you can get it to where you'll only need a PT job. I think you might surprise yourself at what can really be accomplished with frugality. If nothing else, you'd have learned to enjoy more of your money with your kids during the time you do have with them.

I read more and more stories about moms giving up FT work, or going down to PT after putting frugal skills to work. With time for learning and lots of patience, I think you can work out a plan.

:remind: Please do come back for support and lots of thoughts and ideas. We're all very happy to share!

Hoping the best for you!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I think anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it! Just be thankful you receive child support! My kids father is supposed to pay and doesn't. We survive solely on my income! At this point I don't see how it could be done with being a single stay at home mom...But if you receive enough in support it may be possible! Just keep your eyes open for the best deals and freebies you can!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a single SAHM. I am on disability which is not very much. I am in the process of hoping to move so that in three years when my boys are gone on their own I will still be able to afford to keep my own home. My income will go down by half when they leave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts