Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know haven't posted in awhile, just been still trying to recoop from these new hips, one is 1 and 1/2 and the other a year. I just keep pulling muscles and with the winter it was hard to get moving. So here I am a bit older, still fat (lol) the baby is now 2 and 1/2 and is growing in leaps and bounds. My other two are also doing well...
okay all caught up..lol.. hope everyone is doing well too..

I was making sloppy joes and pulled pork bq for sandwiches. I made tons of extra...well.

So 99cent menu can kiss my hiney...

I took paper cupcake holders and filled each one and placed in freezer for a few hours, then removed paper and all and put them in freezer bag (label) and now when the kids want a sandwich (i keep hamburger buns around) they pop one in a bowl and nuke for 1 minute and put on the bun.

quick, and easy..

we have been really doing this for a few weeks and wow, it is a real time saver, especially with hungry husbands and kids..

I am getting ready to perfect the best breakfast on the fly.. will post when I get that going...lol

hello to everyone
ms louise

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Oooh!! Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: lwlynch

·
4,028 Posts
I like that idea. Glad to hear you are doing well with the new joints. You are still breaking them in. :D

Reactions: lwlynch

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering how you were doing, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I actually make sandwiches with the pulled pork, double wrap and freeze. They take about a minute in the microwave, and I have a hot sandwich all ready, don't have to worry about whether I have buns.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thanks so much for all your great ideas..I got the sandwich maker too and now that I am alone..I have eat quite will thanks to all your wonderful idea.

Hope you get do doing better..Those hip joints seem to have a mind of there own sometimes..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woohoo, they posted this tip in the dollar stretcher...
and i just made a second batch, they were so popular. I also did a chili and the pop it on top of burgers, fries, and eat is regular...the only thing with the chili is to thaw it in a bowl..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I do similar snack size/single dinner freezes. It saves time, money and dishes. Try freezing individual breakfast burritos. My 17 yo takes one almost every day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.