Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Happy Groundhog's Day!

Here's a little ditty from the "Prairie Home Companion Songbook".

It's sung to the tune of 'Moon River'.

Groundhoggy, waiting for the spring
And all the things that spring will bring.
Our groundhoggy on ground soggy
The rain and the snow make a mud-shadow show.
We're loyal, with you we'll search the sky
Waiting 'til those clouds roll by.
We're after the same skies of blue
Our February crew, groundhoggy, and you.

Happy Groundhog's Day, everybody.

·
Registered
412 Posts
So who do we believe? Punxsutawney Phil who saw his shaddow or Staten Island Chuck who didn't?

·
Registered
141 Posts
So who do we believe? Punxsutawney Phil who saw his shaddow or Staten Island Chuck who didn't?
Don't they prognosticate for their own area? Spring comes earlier to some places than others.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I heard the Groundhog got laid off from his job due to local government budget deficits.... we'll never know if he saw his shadow or not ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Don't they prognosticate for their own area? Spring comes earlier to some places than others.

Both are just about in the same area. I live in the Poconos which is about 1 1/2 hours from SI and a girlfriend of mine lives up near Pux. We usually get about the same weather. Maybe I'll just listen to Gus (he's the second most famous GroundHog in PA and speaker for Pennsylvania Lottery) I wonder if he'll ever give any tips on the winning numbers.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Did the groundhog in your area see his shadow

Our groundhog in our area has predicted a early spring. For the last 4 years he has been right. I sure hope so..Yay for Groundhog Gertie

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
YES! It was sunny all day, and I'm so glad! I WANT 6 more weeks of winter. I love all of the snow we've had. I hate summer.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I read that Staten Island Chuck bit NYC Mayor Bloomberg. I wonder what that means? ;)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I heard the Groundhog got laid off from his job due to local government budget deficits.... we'll never know if he saw his shadow or not ;)
I heard that too! That means we will just have to wait and see!....ROFLMAO!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES! It was sunny all day, and I'm so glad! I WANT 6 more weeks of winter. I love all of the snow we've had. I hate summer.
:eyebrow: :fryingpan: :gah:

J/K :laughinghard:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts