Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering I do all those things and still have acne at 51.....yeah, there's other factors involved, obviously. Like heredity. I get really tired of hearing that acne is something that I'm *causing*.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Remember those pamphlets they used to give out in school when we reached puberty. They all said that acne was common during puberty, but it would clear up as soon as we were through our teen years.
And that other saying: 'As soon as your face starts clearing up, your mind starts going'. They were even wrong about that.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
yeah I wish that acne didn't exist after you hit a certain age. I still have it at 40. It sucks.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm 35 and my doc just put me on antibiotics for acne :(

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I had extremely horrible acne as a kid. I have lots of scarring from it.

I did find that a lifestyle change really helped, but a lot of it really is hereditary. I feel bad for my kids since they have the insanely large pores like I do.

Once I cut back on the sugary foods and changed how much water I was consuming, it really helped. Lots of vitamin D also helped clear my complexion up a bit. My face-washing routine was also key, especially when I started using toner and cleanser and moisturizer. I found I had to clean the foundation off of my skin the night that I went to bed or three days later, I'd have a bad breakout.

You also have to exercise and sweat a lot to help clear out the impurities from your face. That seems to do pretty well. But the key really is to wash and prep your face with products that are specifically designed for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts