Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of that damn storm here in the east, I was stuck in the Philadelphia airport all night! I was supposed to fly out at 7:20 last night but they kept canceling the flights (even though it had stopped snowing long ago!) and I didn't get out till 8:10 this morning.

Let me tell you, camping out on benches at the airport overnight is NOT something I recommend. I was there for 16 hours in the end. I had already been up since 3am and on two flights across the country. The worst part is that at this point I was a mere 45-minute flight from home. :pdoff:

·
Registered
426 Posts
You poor thing!!! I hate waiting at the airport for any length of time, so I definitely feel your pain. On our trip back to the states we'll have a layover in Vienna for 5 hours and I anticipate that to be awful considering we will have been up all night the night before. Our plane leaves at 4:40 am and have to be there early to check-in.

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry, hope you sleep well tonight.:rest:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry that happend to you, how uncomfortable. It's a story you will always have though, "the night I slept in the airport." Your kids and grandkids will probably think that's really cool someday. I hope you sleep well tonight and I am glad you made it home safely.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sorry you had to go through this :hugz: but at least you made it home safely & tonight you can sleep in your own comfy bed :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
At least you are some place warm. At last count we have around 20,000 here w/o power and tons of ice and snow.

·
Registered
579 Posts
To be so close to home, and yet stuck at an airport, how awful! Sleep well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts