Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i breed dogs...have rarely ran in to problems...only declined a small handful of people

i have a repeat customer who i truly love she is very good to her babies..she is now getting 2

the agreed upon contract states puppy will be paid in full by the assigned pick up date which is the 20th of this month

i just checked with her and the other lady and she states she couldnt pick them up until the 5th of DEC..i was really taken back!!

i dont know all the details yet..not sure if its a time thing because she does live a little ways off or if its a money thing.

but my husband lost his job, and she was aware of this and i am sort of counting on the funds...plus it will cost more because the longer they are here the more vet care they need...the more money i have to spend

i sorta just said that i thought it was a long time and that there would be more cost involved..she said shed get back to me..and how much extra...i went with the bare minimum which was probably silly but i said $65

but in reality i really want them pick up on time, as agreed and paid in full..its important to us to have the funds we were expecting and the longer i have them the more attached i get..i actually just asked her if she wanted both for sure?..lol because i was prepared to keep one...and she said yes =)

my husband is the harder one..they usually are.
=) and he wants me to say..that this was all agreed upon in a contract and the pups needs to be paid on time and picked up on time...

im pretty flexible couple days fine..but 2+ weeks..anyone have advice on how they would handle it?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Why did you give the extra one to her? What kinda of dogs are they?

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
I would have added that you would keep the pups an additional two weeks, unless another buyer came along before she could pay. If she really wants them she'll come up with the cash.

And I'd be looking for another buyer for them, too. Just in case.

·
19,119 Posts
I agree with CH. You have been overly generous with her, but shouldn't be taken advantage of. This is a business. Please let us know what happens - very strange on her part to not jump at this offer.

Reactions: sahm2boys

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why did you give the extra one to her? What kinda of dogs are they?
she first asked for the same price as before...and i agreed..but i went up $200.00 this year...then she asked for a deal on 2 and so i did both for $500.00 for her and sold the other one for $500.00

they are yorkiepoms

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she said she wouldnt have a problem paying on time and would pay for additional vet care if needed..so i guess its a go still =)

its a big relief..i dont need anymore financial changes =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.