Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it more efficient to dry one large load or two small loads. I am confronted with this dilemma because of unexpected rain. If I remove towels from the equation, I could dry one big load. I just am not sure which would use less energy.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I tend to go for one large load and if anything is still damp at the end, like jeans, it gets hug to finish. Do you have a timed dry cycle? I believe a timed cycle costs the same no matter what is in it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did two loads. One with the quicker drying items. Then, I hung what would take longer. I need to get a clothesline in my basement. I could hang much more inside.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I always dry one large load when I have to use my dryer. I line dry alot of things on an indoor drying rack as I have no clothesline.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Example: If one large load takes 40 mins why not even out your two smaller loads and do two twenty minute runs?

Usually I hang dry a majority of my clothes thus leaving jammies, socks and unmentionables for the dryer.

Towels get their own load and in the dryer as well. If the larger bath sheets aren't done drying when the majority of the rest is, I hang them up on clothing racks.

I only have two racks - the art of drying is all based on your art of washing. Do you really need to wash that now, can it fit into next laundry day's load? I will wash 'ahead' before I need that item so it's ready....kinda hard but if your space is limited, your space is limited right? You'll figure out your own pattern. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts