Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheergrl:A few years ago we started using our local gas/electric company's Budget Billing Plan (open to everyone, not just those who are low-income, or have other special needs). So now, every October our bill is readjusted up or down, depending on how much we used the previous year.

I called today to see what our newly adjusted bill would be (would rather brace myself to hear it over the phone than wait to see it on a bill!). The lady checked my account and said, "Well, it looks like you'll be paying $170." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheergrl: I was THRILLED...we've been paying $205 each month for the last year, and we paid roughly that same amount the year before! So a $35 reduction is a HUGE success after a year of doing a LOT better (though I still have a LONG way to go) in turning off or unplugging electronics/lights/ceiling fans, keeping the heat a lot lower and the AC a lot higher, etc.

Just wanted to share this small accomplishment with like-minded people!!!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
YAY!!! Come join us in the Electrical Usage Challenge, you'll find lots of tips on how to creep it down even lower.

I use budget billing for Natural Gas but the electric company here kept setting it low and then asking us for a huge settle up amount in the Spring, ouch no way! So the electric I control myself month by month with diligence, and the Natural Gas is on a budget amount.

Reactions: AspiringToBeFrugal

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Great news, good job lowering your bill.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's wonderful!! Great job!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts