Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my husband works shifts and on the current shift he gets 1 day off a week and this being spring break week, we made plans to take our son to the zoo. (hes never been to a zoo and hes all sorts of excited!) i bought snacks to take with us and i think i'm going to pack a picnic lunch for us too. well somehow my brother found out and wants to join us along with his daughter. its not that i dont like their company, it just seems that me and my family never get to go and do anything by ourselves because someone ALWAYS ends up tagging along. not to mention, im going to have his daughter over the weekend and im taking them to the movies and the circus, so its not like shes going to be missing out on any fun. (not to mention i took her to the park yesterday. AND my mother wonders why i didn't offer to baby sit my nieice for her today so she could go to the dr...... but thats another rant all together) how can i explain to my brother that for once, we'd like to get away by ourselves??

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I would put it just that way. Your DH works alot and you'd like to have a special family day. Some connection time between the 3 of you. It may seem blunt but sometimes you need to be that way to get throught to some folks.
Don't worry about hurting his feeling because it sounds like you won't.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
467 Posts
:yeah: If a brother doesn't understand that, too bad!!! Sounds like you have your niece a lot. Family time is precious when dad only has 1 day off a week! Have fun at the Zoo.

·
27,948 Posts
I agree with the ladies. Don't feel guilty either! It's ok, have fun!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I would just let your brother know that while you enjoy his and your niece's company and would love to go to the zoo with them on some other occassion that this trip is just for your Dh and your child and that you are having some family time just for this trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts