Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from mid Wisconsin. I'm sure I know what most of my fellow Wisconsinites spent the day doing. That was quite a snowstorm we had. We shoveled a total of four times to keep the driveway and paths reasonably cleared. It's times like this that we really appreciate being retired. If the weather is awful, we can just stay home. Which we did.

:cowwave:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My brother and a lot of my relatives in SE Wisconsin in Kenosha. I talked to my brother today and where he is they have a few inches nothing like what you probably got. They may still get more though.

Stay warm and safe! I hope you have a snowblower!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yeah we're getting lots of snow here in IN. We have about 2 in but it's supposed to snow all night long! We're supposed to get a total of 12 in.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Stay safe and warm everyone! The storm thankfully missed us. We only got about 2 inches. Whew. The windchill is close to -30 tonight though. A good night to drink hot cocoa under the covers. :)

Reactions: Trishagirl

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We're getting some snow here too. I think kiddos will be home from school tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
We got around 5" But lots of wind and really cold!

·
Registered
139 Posts
snowstrom

Yes indeed we got it in Mpls MN and they said we got 16 inches plus the roof of the dome caved in it's very cold here i just made cookies and stayed warm DBF had dig our car out take care stay warm Klean163:winter:

·
Registered
719 Posts
And to think we've been having "fire weather warnings" in conjunction with "wind chill advisories." I don't care how long I end up living down here, 50 degrees will never merit a wind chill advisory with me. I hope everyone stays safe and warm up north, though. My parents have been getting that circular snow pattern up by Lake Michigan all day long. I don't have a clue how much they have on the ground.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Heard on news that the stuff we are getting now is going to cross U.S. and dip down again at the end of the week........more for you guys.

We had rain, 50 degrees today, and the 12 inches I had on the ground is gone.......Seattle area is flooding.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We got 2-3 inches here. We are in a very hilly area and the weather patterns seem to split and go around us often times. I really feel for those of you around the lakes though. Brrrrr. It was 44 degrees here early yesterday morning and today it is 14 and windy. Praying you all stay safe and warm.

Cat

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello! Another mid-central Wisconsin person here. We got 13-14 inches this weekend, and now it's 30 below zero with the windchill. I'm sure glad we had all the snow as insulation cover before the bitter cold came.

It has been crazy. Power was off from 1 am till 7 am because of a fire in the lines, but they still didn't cancel school. It covered half the town, so the schools were effected, too. It had to be downright frigid inside without the furnaces running. Hopefully they won't send the kids outside for recess. They are not supposed to if the wind chill gets to 5 below zero, but at the last school they went to they sent them outside anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.