Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone doing today? How's the weather?
Well it's snowing here now, about 12 degrees still and there's a layer of ice under the inch or 2 of snow that we have. :snowing:

I've got the baby shower (sans the baby and mother due to ice storm in Oklahoma...:( ) this afternoon. I'm dreading trudging out in the weather but the show must go on!

Today I'll be doing the following:
~workout
~make bed
~shower/hair/makeup
~go to baby shower
~come home, warm up

Not many plans. Hope to rest for the remainder of the day after the baby shower. What are you doing today?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I'm just working today. About to go get dressed & be off.
But I am NOT working as long as I did yesterday. I worked 11am to 1am. Yes, you read that right. 13 frickin' hours. Just so I wouldn't have to Expo (Expo = no tips, only $7.15/hr - about 1/3 of what I can make in tips).

Ah well. The utility and time warner bills are both paid :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
According to the computer, it is 18 degrees here right now. Brrr!!

So far today I have:
Made the bed
Fed the dogs
Took out trash
Unloaded the dishwasher
Started chili in the crockpot

I still need to:
Put some dirty dishes in the dishwasher
Do some school work
Take a shower and wash my hair
Read for fun

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
According to weather.com it's 41 degrees here right now but feels colder.

Not much to do today just straighten up and do family thing, then reheat dinner then after dinner watch a movie.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
It's another sunny day here in Georgia. I am loving this weather. Although I haven't gotten to wear any of my sweaters. I cleaned the toilet in my bathroom, have a load of laundry on to wash, worked on my menus for next week and wiped down some of the cabinets in my kitchen. I am giving the kitchen a detailed cleaning. It was bothering me. I need to get groceries, but I think I will send the DDs to do that for me. We are having a birthday dinner at my DMother's tonight for me, my DSisterIL and my DNephew. DMother always asks us what we want for our birthday dinners and me and my DSisterIL let DNephew decide. It is his 16th birthday, today! He had a strange request....hamburgers, fatback, sausage balls and buttermilk pie. DD16 and I are going to do the sausage balls. We've never made them before so it will be a new experience. I am working on my Christmas scrapbook, too. I ran out of zots, so I need some more of those so I can finish.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i love that you used the word sans!! i use it all the time and people dont ever know what im talking about.

three years of french in high school, i had the greatest teacher. --im in texas too but we dont have any snow yet (dallas) but we do have ice! dh had to stay home from work today, he's an insurance adjuster so he's working from home. lots of claims coming in!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Well its a beautiful day today here in South Florida, about 80 out and a nice breeze. Am having a landry day today. Cleared out a place the other day and got 10 bags of assorted clothes and linens. Most of the linens are blankets so I'm giving them a good bath (they need it) and passing them on to a friend who just took on her 4 neices when her BIL went to jail. The mom bailed on the family 2 years ago. So my friend is in need. Funny how that works out she had a need for linens and dish towels and I got them. God works in odd ways sometimes. I'll get something in and a few days someone will call up asking for just that item. Or I'll get replaces of items I've given away. Like some cookie cutters I shared with someone got twice as many back in this clean out.
God also sent landry soap with these bags of things. There were 4 partially used boxes in the landry room.
Thats about all thats going on here today.

LAurie in BRadenton

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is 30 degrees here in southwest Texas and really foggy.

So far I have slept in today and snuggled with the boys in the bed for awhile. Just fed everyone breakfast...muffins from the freezer and some little weinies I got for a Christmas shin ding and didn't use them all. Made breakfast burritos to freeze for dh's breakfast throughout the week.

For the rest of the day, we are going to have homemade pizza for lunch and then head off to the horse show, (free entertainment). Have dinner then tonight head to the house for a few hours to prep the walls for painting. I need dto clean up the kitchen now and take a shower.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Today I am not doing much since we will be getting more sleet. Have to go get DD from a sleepover. Then I will pick up a paper and my pictures from Walgreens. then I will scrap, sew and organize the day away. Need to work my way through the file cabinet in the office.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Today:
Showered and got ready
family went to church
stopped at grocery for some lunchmeat for lunch
DH is working daylight shift
Clean up kitchen
finish laundry
Go thru some papers
declutter some areas

It is ugly outside here today, a bit cool and rainy.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It's 29 here with flurries and not supposed to get much warmer. We had a dusting of snow overnight and now just waiting for the BIG stuff to kick in overnight tonight and into tomorrow. They were saying 3-5 inches of snow, but they just upped it to 4-7! DH says he's working from home tomorrow. He hates driving in that stuff. Today we aren't doing much. DH will be watching football soon and I'll be reading the Sunday paper, clipping coupons (if there are any...haven't checked) and doing a couple of loads of laundry.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm making a list and checking it twice ( Nope not Santa )
Just bating down the hatches for the ice storm thats heading to NY.
We're pretty much set here. Doug is in the back wrapping pipes and things.
Barn has been closed up good for the animals, wood enough in 4 three days
Fuel enough for the furnace to last most of the week.
Doug will be out of town again for 3 days.
Have a socked pantry and freezer, lots of extra water etc, so good to go.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Is a nice day today in North Carolina, is around 75 today. I did some cleaning in the living room and kitchen, 2 loads of laundry. Read the paper and enjoyed a couple cups of coffee while enjoying my computer time. Plan on going through the kids clothes this afternoon and compile a list of what spring and summer stuff they will be needing so I can start watching for sales on those things.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Its a beautiful day here - before the cold, gray winter weather moves in later this week. We have been to church and eaten lunch. DH is going to take the big girls to a college women's bball game this afternoon. I need to clean out the van - gotten messy these last couple of weeks. Do some laundry and I want to nap while they are gone since I was up most of the night with ds. They will fix dinner tonight (my day off) when they get home.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Feeling pretty low since DS and DDIL left to go back to Buffalo. Need to get a shower and run to the store for DH prescription and a few loss leader plus coupon deals. I am trying to motivate myself to either work on my embrodery or to clean the closet in the sewing room. It really is a mess. Dirty dishes in sink need to be done, Sunday paper needs to be read and load of towels need folded and put away. Also trying to figure out where and how to store extra kitchen towels. We use alot but I dont have space for them all...hummmmmmmmm..........Lazy, lazy day

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good afternoon! It's been snowing off & on here with about 1/4 of an inch accumulation. Our big one is coming tomorrow. I guess it'll start during the overnight and just snow all day tomorrow and finally wind down Tuesday morning. It's 29 degrees right now.

I've already done my morning routine, brought dd to work, cooking bacon for tonight's dinner, did some cleaning in the bathrooms: wiped baseboards, disinfected doorknobs & lightswitches, cleaned windows & pictures and cleaned the shower & tubs, and got dh's juices in the fridge for the week.
Now I'm sitting down watching the football game.

I have to go back and pick dd up at 8 tonight. If the roads are too bad dh will go get her for me. This will be our first storm of the season.

Well, I need to get back to my football game.
Have a great day and stay safe!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's beautiful here in south Jersey. It's 62 degrees! We got up and I made breakfast and we went off to Sunday school and church. I taught the pre-teens both sessions because the regular teacher was out sick. Came home and had leftover peking duck for lunch. Hubby is working on his car and I'm being lazy. I'm fixing pasta with veal and sauce with rolls for dinner before we head back to church for our evening service.Enjoy your day!

T

·
0 Posts
Today we went out to church in the morning, and stopped at Babies R Us on the way home so I could get DS a play mat thing (and he loves it!) and a birthday present for his 1 year old cousin, birthday party is next Sunday. I've taken out two bags of trash.

On the agenda:
*Sweep and mop kitchen and bathroom floors (for real, this time!)
*Change sheets on the bed

...and then I plan on making a cup of coffee, and reading the paper while eating some muffins. During one of DS's naps, of course.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I havent done a ton today the weather is pretty good in MD today. I listed a ton on freecycle from my sister's decluttering and i did a little of my own today . listened to some podcasts on my ipod. played with DS and son we will get ready to go see my grandmother for sunday dinner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts