Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just not cleaning that great anymore! I had a Maytag for years that was fantastic....but now after only about 2 years my KA is not doing that great. Anyone else have one that they've had problems with? Any ideas on how to bring it back to life?

·
4,028 Posts
Greebo has pulled out our spinners and cleaned them twice in the 7 yrs we've had our Kenmore. He has also found that the screens in the back were torn and ordered parts for replacement and we have reattached the overhead spinning arm after we realized it came detached from its mounting.

All three things improved the cleaning capacity of our washer. It might be worth taking a good look inside, removing the trays and seeing if things look like they should. Or calling someone who does repairs and maintanence.

Reactions: monkeywrangler71

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Of the three, I think the detached mounting was the biggest issue. It caused the spinner for the top tray to be unable to rotate.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I got a new dishwasher, a Whirlpool, about 6 months ago. I have been buying whatever powder detergent that is on sale, and it seems like it isn't rinsing the dishes good enough. Is that the kind of problem you are having?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Sorry, no ideas but I will be watching this thread.

KA is 'supposed' to be a decent brand too. And only 2 years old? YEOW!!!

Be sure to update this and let us know what you did......what you find out.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a new dishwasher, a Whirlpool, about 6 months ago. I have been buying whatever powder detergent that is on sale, and it seems like it isn't rinsing the dishes good enough. Is that the kind of problem you are having?
Yeah that and it's leaving hard water spots (even with vinegar or rinse aid) on the glasses.....just so aggravating. The Maytag never even required pre-rinsing. I've been using every different type of detergent I can find........

I'll have a look see Ceashels and Greebo. Thanks......

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with cleaning the parts. I have the Fisher pakal drawer dishwasher and I have to clean it on a regular basis. Does you manual offer any advice? Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I have a Frigidaire that's about 3 yrs old and I have been washing things twice lately, and that's after pre-rinsing. I'm so irritated.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I can't say I've tried it myself, but I have a friend who runs a bottle of Lime-Away through hers every so often and it works like a charm. She then runs the dishwasher with just clear water to remove the Lime-Away. If you have hard water then it may be building up and causing problems getting the dishes clean.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I've been having to use less detergent, and it seems to rinse away better. I wonder if they have changed all the detergent formulas.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I tear apart the bottom parts of mine and scrub them every few weeks. The filter gets really grungy. I also run an empty load of just vinegar about once a month. If I run the water to make it hot before starting the dishwasher it seems to do a better job. I'm using cheap liquid detergent, not powder as it had a heck of a time with the powder. (clumped chunks left all over the dishes, gross)

The first time I took mine apart it was like a rubiks cube but after doing it so often its not so bad.

Reactions: monkeywrangler71

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I bought a KA washer less than a year ago, and the reason we bought it was because I trusted the brand so much. Well it's giving me "issues" too. It'll fill up for the rinse cycle, and then just stop. It doesn't happen every time, but it shouldn't be happening at all! Pretty aggravating when you think it's done and over, and you got the next load ready and waiting to be thrown in. UGH! Looks like it's two thumbs down for KA. :(

Theresa:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts