Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we made our choice of where to go for our anniversary weekend away. We're going to Salem, MA and (as long as we can still get a room) are staying in the Inn at Washington Square, which is supposedly haunted. (Probably not, but I love the concept!) I've always wanted to go to Salem and never have been, so I can't wait!!!

I save up cash in an envelope titled Birthdays/Vacations, so we'll be using that. We've never been away for our anniversary before. Actually, with the exception of two overnight trips for family weddings, we've never been away from the kids before, so it's a big deal. I'll miss them like crazy, but it will be really nice to be able to have some special time with dh.

Especially in Salem!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Change in plans. :) Every single B&B in Salem was booked. I get it. It's October. So, we're staying a half hour away in Rockport at The Tuck Inn. It sounds nice and is within driving distance of a lot of cool things, particularly for me, Salem! :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That sounds like so much fun Amy!! When will you be going? I would love to see Salem. :)

Reactions: AmyBoz

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Rockport is beautiful, and my mom grew up in Salem. Enjoy :)

·
19,119 Posts
I love Rockport - you'll have a great time!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like so much fun Amy!! When will you be going? I would love to see Salem. :)
Our actually anniversary is the 3rd of October, so we're heading out on the 2nd and coming home on the 4th. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Amy, how exciting!!! This is one of the places that I want to go. The history and mystery of Salem. Hope DH and you have an amazing time.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Both are great places--you'll enjoy them!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Sounds like so much fun! I would love to visit Salem, MA -- ESPECIALLY in October!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts