Frugal Village Forums banner

So excited!!

Tags
excited
5K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Tracy 
#1 ·
I am so excited I just found out that a drawing I did will be used as a poster for a conference on the children solider's of Africa. And I have been invited to go to the conference to hear it.

View attachment 11368

#3 ·
Wow that's awesome and the drawing is beautiful!

#4 ·
Congratulations!! The drawing is really good.

#12 ·
Thank you!

#14 ·
congratulations!!!! U did a wonderful job, very artistic. U deserve it.

#15 ·
What a beautiful, haunting piece of art. You have earned the credit you're getting. Good job! What an honour for you to be part of making a difference in such a tragic situation. Hats off.

babs

#17 ·
Very moving drawing. I'm so happy you are getting recognized for it. :heartsm:

#23 ·
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back about the conference. It was great I wish everyone could have heard it. I was in tears by the end of it. They showed a documentary and it was heart wrenching. I was acknowledged for my art, and just about sunk into my chair and had a panic attack. I don't like to be the centre of attention at all. But it was still nice! If I ever have a show I think I would sit in the bathroom the whole time and throw up.

After the talk the lady who bought the picture from me came up and asked my permission to turn it into cards to sell to raise funds for the rehabilitation of former child soldiers and I said YES. So now the picture has been turned into cards. I finally have started to feel like maybe my art isn't really that bad. I am my very very worst critic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.