Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was searching the web and I came across a site that posted the platoon that DS#1 is currently in. I was so excited because I finally got to see him in his fatigues. He looks so grown up and serious! I can't wait to see him. I am counting down days now instead of weeks. Only 16 days until we fly out to see him! WOOHOO! I never thought it would get here and it is finally in the countdown phase. I am such a proud mom as I had to show off his picture to everyone at work today.....all the teachers and staff and even some of the children that knew him. (We live in a very small, rural community, so just about everyone knows everyone.) The teachers could not believe how much he has changed. I even purchased our airline tickets last night. DH, DS#2, DS#3, and I are all flying out to see him and bring him home for 10 days. His GF is flying out the day after us, but will be staying with us once she gets there. Then all 6 of us will be flying home together.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am excited for you, I hope you have a great time :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
im so exicted for u too. Im glad u get to see him soon, as a mom i know it must be hard not to see him as often .

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
How exciting, I hope you have a wonderful time and keep us updated. :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Woo Hoo! I remember those day :) Enjoy the festivities at graduation, and his 10 days stay at home. Maybe he'll pull recruit duty and get to stay a few more days.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
That's great Michelle! Keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
:cheer4: That's awesome!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
that is so awesome. I hope you have a great time. I get to go through that this summer when my ds1 goes to boot camp for the Marines.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Very cool, Michelle. I bet he looked very handsome in his fatigues. Our kids do grow up so fast, don't they?

--Michelle

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe he'll pull recruit duty and get to stay a few more days.

We are hoping so! His recruiter is putting in for it and we hope he gets it.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you have a great time. I get to go through that this summer when my ds1 goes to boot camp for the Marines.

Thank you. I know how hard it is as a mom to let them go, but to see him all grown up sure makes it easier. I am proud of your son. Congrats on his decision!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool, Michelle. I bet he looked very handsome in his fatigues. Our kids do grow up so fast, don't they?

--Michelle
They do grow up so fast! By the way, he did look good in his fatigues.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is so neat! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts