Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad for a lazy weekend! Our trip to KY for the dedication/ memorial for my brother and the other pilot left me a frazzled, raw nerved mess. Add in the days of not sleeping before, spending 16 hours out of 30 hour trip on the plane or in the airports, today being the 1 year anniversary and yikes!

Right before we left the kiddo shut the car door on our 1 year old car and the rear window shattered. Very odd and stressful when one needs to get to the airport! A family member came down to take care the guy fixing it. It was $350. We got to the airport and they didn't have our rental car. We ended up paying $74 for a one day rental! Breakfast before the dedication was $84 for pancakes ( no meat) since we had no choice in the group meeting place.

Whew it all all over. I've bawled my eyes out a few times with stress and grief and feel much better.

I am so happy to have a nice long lazy weekend to relax!!!! Now to browse the Village with an adult beverage!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mamachop! One good thing is things ALWAYS get better! I must say that was a stressful trip though.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sending you hugs!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
What a stressful time!! I am glad you had such a relaxing weekend. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Glad u have a relaxing weekend. I'm working all weekend and the holiday too uggg!!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
All that stress, I can only imagine how tired you feel. You honored your brother and the other gentleman. Rest now.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone :) I'd love to go back and visit that area just once not for anything to do with death or loss. I told dh we really should.

Trisha I'm sorry you have to work all weekend and Mon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts