Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was pretty good.We had Thanks Giving lunch. The grandsons had to be at dads by 3 so we ate at noon.Dads keeping them till Sunday night. We have so much turkey left.Hope you all had a wonderful day.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We had a nice one.. Just 3 of us, but it was a good day....

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
It was just the three of us. We spent the day cleaning the house and plowing the snow. Perfect! :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Ours was a nice family get together. We chowed, watched football, played ping pong and some of us took a short nap. :)

When we got home we found some eggs planted around our yard. lol Silly friends are just weird like that and dropped by to give us some chicken eggs. At first we was like WTH is an egg hanging by the cat water bowl, until the funny text later saying Happy Easter. heh

Reactions: Syn D

·
Registered
906 Posts
We woke up to a lovely dusting of snow on the mountains. We finished cleaning the house and DS#1's best friend and family came over to eat with us. My oven was cooperative and stayed on long enough to cook all the food (my oven has mood issues and usually quits after a dish or 2). It was an A+ day.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ours was a nice family get together. We chowed, watched football, played ping pong and some of us took a short nap. :)

When we got home we found some eggs planted around our yard. lol Silly friends are just weird like that and dropped by to give us some chicken eggs. At first we was like WTH is an egg hanging by the cat water bowl, until the funny text later saying Happy Easter. heh
What nice friend you have!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
So relaxing! We went to my parents. The kids played nicely, my dad and dh watched football and my mom and I sat in front of the fireplace, reading. The food was delicious and I had my feet up for most of the day. Good stuff!

·
27,948 Posts
So relaxing! We went to my parents. The kids played nicely, my dad and dh watched football and my mom and I sat in front of the fireplace, reading. The food was delicious and I had my feet up for most of the day. Good stuff!
Oh how I wish my Dad were around so Dh could watch football with him. :heartsm: Your day was wonderful indeed.

We had a nice quiet day(had the big dinner with family last Sunday) just the 2 of us warmed by the fire and knowing we have bunches to be thankful for.

·
Registered
984 Posts
We had a nice day to. Went to my parents and ourselves silly then played some boards and ate tons of dessert . Came home to a nice clean kitchen and stored my leftovers for today and cuddled up in my big with my dh and kids to watch a couple movies together.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Mine was very nice DD home from college, so had all 3 kids together, that had been awhile...missing those who have died, and remembering them always.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We took some food over to our niece's house and and had dinner with her, her boyfiend and 2 kids. Everything was fine until the 5-year old started coughing on me (even though we kept telling him to cover his mouth) and the 1-year old started screaming/crying because she was over tired. After that, it was time to go. Luckily we had already eaten and visited for a couple of hours. LOL

I miss my mom and grandma on holidays.....they have been gone for 3 years, but I know they are with us in spirit.

Andrea

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Great! I was on my feet from 6am to 8pm,:chef: but it all came off without a hitch.

I ached from head to toe last night. But a hot bath, 2 ibuprofen, and 9 hours sleep and I'm BACK. :toothy:

Ready to make breakfast. :skept: Not.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
It was a long day for sure. Everything went great though, everyone was stuffed and tired at the end of it. And very thankful for sure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine was postponed until today. My aunt and uncle were hosting and they had a pipe burst and flood their house.

My kids and I went out to see Harry Potter and had mayan couscous for dinner. It was a little strange.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It was great. I wouldn't say it was relaxing though since it was just me cooking. Food was delicious but I don't think I'll ever go to that much trouble again for it. Next year I'll probably just get a turkey breast and a couple sides.

It was a lot better than last year though. Last year was our first GF Thanksgiving and I was still working out the kinks. This year at least evertying turned out the way I expected.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was the Holiday without my Mom .My sisters had a really hard time so did my dad.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
12 ppl showed up all told. It went well. I am still stuffed from the meal.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My Thanksgiving was kind of weird.
I went to my father's - he had been sick and obviously didn't feel well.
My stepmother's daughter & family couldn't make it because the 2-year-old had pneumonia.
My daughter's 13-year-old cat - the one that really liked me - was found dead on the bedroom floor.
My 82-year-old friend fell & broke her hip.

Here's to better tomorrows!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.