Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that my coworker is stealing from the store, and well, she got careless this last time and got caught. Not red handed but the packaging of some items that I personally packed and took in on Friday were sitting in the trash when I got ready to take it out today. I played like nothing was wrong, told her I wanted to clean the store some more and I would take it out later on today before I closed. After she left I called the manager.....neither of us wants to believe that this has happened. As good of friends as she claimed we were I still don't understand how she could do this. Not only is she going to be out of a job but that makes our whole store look bad.

When her mom was going thru Chemo and her lung removal I was sympathetic to her and tried to smooth things over with customers that thought she wasn't doing a good job, well not anymore. Last week she was late everyday I opened and she left as soon as I walked in just about on the day's I closed (we are schedueled 8-5 & 1-7depending on if we open or close) Thursday she got here at 4:45 & I was suppose to have Paige picked up by 5 and she was 15 minutes away without dealing with 5 o'clock rush hour traffic.

Yesterday the manager had a list of 3 people that left phone numbers complaing about her from Friday afternoon alone, not to mention the complaint I had on her Saturday morning and first thing yesterday when I walked in. I told the manager as much as I liked her when she started working and we got to know each other that if he wanted to get rid of her he could. I'd rather work by myself since I felt like I did anyway then have to put up with her. Well that was our conversation yesterday before she got here. He said he was getting tired of her lateness, leaving early on the day's she opens and not being in uniform when she thinks no one of importance is coming in and to give him a couple weeks to go thru apps and new hire training and he would tell her he was letting her go. Oh well, after I talked to him today it looks like that 2 week time frame will go down to when she walks in tomorrow after noon.

Rett told me I did the right thing, but I feel horrible now :(

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:grouphug: sorry you are going through this with a co-worker but getting rid of her is the best thing & you did do the right thing. It's sad we can't trust someone when we think we can.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
You did nothing wrong what-so-ever, if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:hugz: I'm sorry you're having to deal with this Kat. You definitely did the right thing, though.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Wow....what a difficult thing for you to do.....but you did the right thing :hugz:

·
Registered
546 Posts
:hugz: Yup you really did the right thing.

·
27,948 Posts
She made the choice and now she will suffer the consiquences.
You did do the right thing, my guess is that she would have turned the tables & try to blame it on you. Sorry you had/have to deal with this.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You did the right things, dont ever feel guilty becuase she got herself fired. You had nothing to do with the bad choices she made

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I know you feel horrible because she acted like she was your friend and then she took advantage of you and of her employer. Don't feel bad at all about what is happening to her, she brought it on herself and you are doing the right thing by letting your boss know. :hugz:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I know that probably doesn't make you feel any better about it but you didn't do anything wrong. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Sorry that you have to go through this. You definitely did the right thing.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, the manager and the main owner thanked me for letting them know what I found and the manager said that he will be here in the morning first thing and he will "take out the trash" and discover the packages and then questions Angie about them once she arrives. He said he is going to do his best to keep me out of it. I've already told him I'd be happy to work extra hours (besides I am taking a week off with out pay for the fourth of July so I can make a little pool of my overtime money to go towards missing a week on my paycheck) and his given me the greenlight to bring Paige to work with me as needed on the nights I close and on Satuday so my mom or inlaws don't have to drive 2.5 hours to babysit.

I dread facing her tomorrow, but they told me just to keep my cool like I have to last 2 day's with her and act like nothing is bothering me. Now if I can just get the knot in my stomach untied...lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can do it! You're doing the right thing. Behavior has consequences. It takes some people a long time to realize that.

·
27,948 Posts
Hang in there Kat!!!! Oh what a tangled web we weave..
Sorry you are hurting because of what she did, not making light of your feelings for her. Wish this didn't happen.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I think you did the right thing. If you didn't do anything at all, then the company would start to suffer. You would lose returning customers and potential cusomters.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
how tough, but i think you did the right thing. i work at a gas station and we deal with this sorta thing all the time. last week our manager( she is 80) told 2 of us girls tha teven tho so and so did not do his job he was a body here adn we couldnt' get rid of him. hang in there

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Stealing is like the last straw. She should have been gone before with her sloppiness at work. She has nobody but herself to blame if she loses her job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts