Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My credit report and score. Experian(report and score) and Equifax(just report)

Anyone have any tissues? :(

Theres just so much on it...and only like 4 things are good. Everyone says the score isnt THAT bad...but it sure isnt good! Ack. I was feeling good today about being able to pay all this stuff off. I got a book about repairing credit, and was all set. Then I get this, and it's so far above and beyond anything I feel I can fix. I hate this. It's SO much worse than I thought. I dont know HOW its so much worse, because I mean, I keep track of everything. I have spreadsheets, and folders, and this that and the other thing. I dont know, maybe because it was being show to me differently it kinda broke it out.

I dont know what I'm gonna do. :(

Thanks for listening if you made it this far :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Dont worry, I dont know what your credit report looks like but see if you can try to fix things, even negative ones with the creditors. I HAVE been there and my creditors worked with me and I am sure they will work with you.

Now, if they arent willing to work with you do everything you can to improve your score for all future bills, etc... Dont worry things will make a turn for the better, now that you've seen what your CR says you can work on fixing it. I do have a credit repair CD I could send a "copy" of if you'd like, it's got sample letters and info on how to start repairing and rebuilding credit. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would say don't worry too much either.

I had SUPER credit, lik 780, then a small $400 bill I owed that I didn't know I owed went to collections and my credit score went DOWN, like to 660 or something.

I worried for a while, now I am not so worried. Work on your bills and getting things paid off and things will be ok. :tay:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Keep trudging along... doing what you're doing... paying and improving it a little at a time. It will improve over time (and remember, time passes either way... so it's great that you're taking charge of this:tay: ). A LOT of people here are in the same boat as you... or they were in the past!

My credit score was damaged badly about 16 years ago due to a car being repossessed. I went on maternity leave from work (unpaid) and afterwards I just couldn't catch up with the payments. I had lots of other debt also. It took time, but I eventually got things under control. :bump:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would recommend you check out www.creditboards.com. There is a lot of good info on that site about credit repair you won't find in your books. You can dispute everything on your credit reports online. I would go in and anything that is a ding, report it as 'not mine'. The credit bureau then has to contact the original debtor and verify that the debt is yours. They have 30 days to do this. In my experience and reading multiple credit boards, this is successful at removing dings about 50% of the time. Good luck!

Dolores

·
Registered
578 Posts
My credit report and score. Experian(report and score) and Equifax(just report)

Theres just so much on it...and only like 4 things are good. Everyone says the score isnt THAT bad...but it sure isnt good! Ack. I was feeling good today about being able to pay all this stuff off. I got a book about repairing credit, and was all set. Then I get this, and it's so far above and beyond anything I feel I can fix. I hate this. It's SO much worse than I thought. I dont know HOW its so much worse, because I mean, I keep track of everything. I have spreadsheets, and folders, and this that and the other thing. I dont know, maybe because it was being show to me differently it kinda broke it out.
How long have you been tracking everything?

Are there delinquent payments? - can you set up automatic payments so the minimums are paid monthly?

Is your credit report accurate?

Creditboards.com is a good website. Also, MSN Money Forums has a new forum where you can post a question for a Credit Counsler.
http://moneycentral.msn.com/community/message/default.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts