Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...my nice, quiet and relaxing evening and morning were not to be. As I was getting ready to watch my movie, the phone rang and it was a friend calling about a baby shower we have been planning for another friend. The shower needs to be moved up to this coming Saturday so our expecting friend's mother can make it. Short notice and I will be out of town.:( The friend will be callling me back this morning with more details and then I need to call a bunch of ladies to see if they can make Saturday. Then my friend that was supposed to be coming over called about 10 minutes later (by now it's 9:20 p.m.) saying that she cannot make it because her brother and his family just got there. I completely understood and had already figured out that she would not make it. Too late to start the movie, so I watched a tv show instead and then fell asleep on the couch until about 2 a.m. when I moved into my bed.

This morning, the phone rang early with another friend calling with a crisis and I was on the phone with her for 2 hours. I had planned on going out early to the town wide yard sales in the next town over, but it's a bit late now. Oh well! Less money spent right?;)

Later today all my men will be coming home from their camping trip and my friend who's son is staying with us will be here for the night. I'm trying to enjoy the peace and quiet while I have it.:) I'd love to take a long bubble bath, but am waiting on a phone call and then have many to make myself about that baby shower. I keep telling myself that I am not going to :weeping: and that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I still need to get this house in order and figure something out for dinner tonight so that we will not be rushed later.

Is it wrong for me to just want to take my husband away for a day and curl up and take a nap with him?

Okay, enough of my pity party. Back to real life!:angel:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Is it wrong for me to just want to take my husband away for a day and curl up and take a nap with him?
No, it isn't wrong. As soon as all the phone calls and showers are over, I think it is time for you to take a break for a while and enjoy yourself with your family.

Hang in there.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I hope you will take this in the spirit it is intended. It sounds like you are available to all your frineds and that is good,up to a point. It's ok to take time for yourself,too. You can't give to others, if you don't take care of yourself,too. I know from your past posts that you are a Christian. Jesus took time away from others to pray and be alone. I think that is a good example. I hope I haven't offended you. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Debbie, I will be praying for you .....

Debbie, I will be praying for you .....
Please before you have a burn out Take Time for yourself..

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Sorry about your movie plans! Hopefully you can get that much needed break soon!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all ladies. :grouphug: And Dixie, you didn't offend me at all. In fact, I took all your advice and did take a nap cuddled up to DH today for about 1 hour before the boys all returned from the swimming pool.

My friend (medical student) just left to go back and finish her rotations and then she will be flying out Friday to return home. Her son will be staying with us for a total of 3 weeks now instead of 1 and I'll take him to the airport later this month to fly home after his mom finishes her medical board exams. Today we got her hooked up with someone who works for a big medical team around here and she may do her internship with them so that she would be closer to us and to the rest of her friends here. I pray it all works out for her this way if it is God's will for her life.:)

This has turned out to be a great day! Church was wonderful (it was a praise and worship service) and I was able to sing to and praise my Lord and God! I got my nap with hubby and some much needed alone time talking with him. And...my guys are all watching a video right now and laughing like mad. :D I love it!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Life is good Debbie, tough sometimes but good.:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Glad you had a good day after the movie night didn't work out for you. Sometimes we all need that "me" time-- be sure you take yours when you have a chance!

:hugz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts