Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So DD went to her fathers last night for a trail run to see if things go better then they had in the past, if all works out she will go for a full weekend. Nice for me I got to sleep in!!!!!! But now I have this free time I don't know if I should use it to do housework or use it to try and get lesson one of my english done so I can hand it in Wed. OCD part of me says clean, the part of me that is like well your homework is just as important says study.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Homework. It has a due by date, the housework does not.

I'm going to college fulltime and homework comes before housework. I try to catch up on weekends and here and there in between classes and such. Kitchen and bathroom is most important to keep up and I try to keep the LR picked up. But my house won't really be clean until the break between semesters.

I hope your daughter's visit with her dad goes well. :)

Reactions: Rhiamon

·
27,948 Posts
I vote for doing your homework as you paint your nails and sip something lovely. :nails:

Reactions: cab54 and Rhiamon

·
19,119 Posts
Yup, yup- great advice!! This is your time - do what's important to you - I vote for the nails, a facial and homework.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i like the statement that homework has a deadline, housework does not.

At least do some homework, at the very least. then you'll not feel guilty (at least i would) for not even giving it a go. And besides how often do you get uninterrupted study time. When you get up for a potty break look around ans see what you can clean in five minutes. then, hit the books again.

it's what i would do anyway.

Today i get free time from the kids so i drew a nice hot bath and read while soaking. now i am taking a few minutes to get a mental break from studying, and I will go back to it in few minutes, once i have put a new load in the washer. Next break I will put some stuff in the dishwasher, and so on. then both get done and at the end of the day I will have accomplished both studying AND some housework.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know about the OCD thing..... I'd say, do your homework and when you need a break from it, do some cleaning and then alternate some more..

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I agree. Homework first, then alternate with housework when you need a break. That is what I use to do and would mull my ideas around in my head and when I went back to the homework, the sentences, answers and wording would come alot easier for me. :)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I vote for doing your homework as you paint your nails and sip something lovely. :nails:
While taking a long hot bubble bath! :bath:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.